Blizzard "Still Targeting First Half" For StarCraft II

Status
Not open for further replies.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]XD_dued[/nom]Weren't they targeting 2008? )))[/citation]
I remember someone in '06 telling it'd be out in '07...

Good going Blizzard, taking into consideration that the community is what really makes a game. (SC and WC3 are still alive and kicking hard today because of it)

While I'm not actually a huge RTS fan (maybe because I suck), but this is something I'll easily drop $60 for. =)

G

when it comes to blizzard and their games, i'm more than willing to wait, knowing i'll have a game that will entertain and last me for years to come.

victomofreality

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
+1 archer

Blizzard is HORRIBLE at release dates... look at warcraft 3. But their games are solid and can generally be played for years happily. I still have D2 on my comp and play semi regularly.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
This is awesome. Me and about 20 of my friends cannot wait to buy the game and run it. It will for sure take thousands of hours of our lives. It will be EPIC!!! =D

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
So if this game takes another year to release (don't put it past Blizzard), that means beta testers will have had a full year of playing before anyone else even starts? Seems a bit unfair to me. Ergo closed game betas = lame.

drowned

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
So if this game takes another year to release (don't put it past Blizzard), that means beta testers will have had a full year of playing before anyone else even starts? Seems a bit unfair to me. Ergo closed game betas = lame.

knightmike

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
I didn't like the original starcraft because I didn't know what the alien buildings were. I wasn't sure what I should attack. Dune (2)000 and C&C was fun though.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
If it's one thing that can be said about blizzard is they get games right the first time and that's because they will not release a game until it's ready and damn the expected release date i myself will gladly pay the money for any Blizzard game that is not an MMO because i know it's a good game

blazeorangeman

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
This is just the first part of the game...where you can only play as one faction...wait another 2-3 years before the second one drops...and then 2-3 years past that for the final...THEN...2-3 years for the chest set.

So I'll be waiting roughly 6-9 more years before this game is worth it.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
They have the right attitude, much better to release a game when it's done. Too many publishers rush a game out unfinished/unpolished/buggy and make customers unhappy, especially the ones that are hyped with pre-orders and everything, then you find out the game is a dud. It's really sad too because much of the time, you can see that it had a lot of potential, the developers were on track but the publisher rushed it out.

lemonade4

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]blazeorangeman[/nom]This is just the first part of the game...where you can only play as one faction.[/citation]

Wings of Liberty is just the Terran storyline for the single player, you're able to choose between all three races for multiplayer.

visa

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2006
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]I can wait, unless I get it as a gift.[/citation]
Nice hinting there but I'm still not going to buy it for you.

I'll cross my fingers it comes out sooner rather than later.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
I want my beta key!

I can only play against myself for now. :(

Better than nothing I guess. ;)

Gah I can't wait to buy this game... This is the first year I've paid for a game since crysis in 07 (not including MMOs). Bought AVP, BC2, and soon SC2. :)

It's a great year for gamers!

dweebmaster

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
sounds to me its just like mercenaries 2 they said it would be in 07 spring of 08 then finally summer 08 they say one thing then say another

a2love

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2007
Blizzard may miss release dates, however they usually enter beta with a nearly polished game. Once you see a beta, expect the game to follow within a year. I will be at a midnight release for this one for sure, and I'm buying a comp in anticipation. I am optimistic it will be out by July (all they seem to be working out right now is balance issues).

Status
Not open for further replies.