Can't open Adobe PDF files

I have recently found I can't open Adobe PDF files from Outlook. The
problem occurs irrespective of whether I click on the icon on the start-up
screen or on the Adobe attachment to icon at the bottom of an e-mail.
Either nothing happens, or the Adobe picture comes up and freezes. There
is never any appearance or movement of the characteristic words in the
bottom right-hand corner of the adobe picture.

I have Adobe Reader 6, have run Scandisk and have run the repair function
on Adobe 6.

The Adobe.com trouble-shooting function includes a wide range of
suggestions that centre upon incorrect settings. It is difficult to
believe that these could be the answer because I used to be able to open
up PDF files. The suggestions involve disabling other applications which
I'm hesitant to do. In fact most of the suggestions require a level of
technical expertise I don't have.

I run Windows XP Home Edition, and Outlook 98. I also run ViaVoice 10,
but a search of the Internet indicates no known history of incompatibility
with Adobe 6.

If I click on the Adobe icon on the start-up screen, then after the Adobe
picture has frozen, a section of the next application opened also freezes
within the boundaries of the Adobe picture.

Can anyone help?

Please visit the Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup:

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"torch" <david@vantagegroup.co.nz> wrote in message:

|I have recently found I can't open Adobe PDF files from Outlook. The
| problem occurs irrespective of whether I click on the icon on the start-up
| screen or on the Adobe attachment to icon at the bottom of an e-mail.
| Either nothing happens, or the Adobe picture comes up and freezes. There
| is never any appearance or movement of the characteristic words in the
| bottom right-hand corner of the adobe picture.
|
| I have Adobe Reader 6, have run Scandisk and have run the repair function
| on Adobe 6.
|
| The Adobe.com trouble-shooting function includes a wide range of
| suggestions that centre upon incorrect settings. It is difficult to
| believe that these could be the answer because I used to be able to open
| up PDF files. The suggestions involve disabling other applications which
| I'm hesitant to do. In fact most of the suggestions require a level of
| technical expertise I don't have.
|
| I run Windows XP Home Edition, and Outlook 98. I also run ViaVoice 10,
| but a search of the Internet indicates no known history of incompatibility
| with Adobe 6.
|
| If I click on the Adobe icon on the start-up screen, then after the Adobe
| picture has frozen, a section of the next application opened also freezes
| within the boundaries of the Adobe picture.
|
| Can anyone help?

Not getting any mileage from the public Microsoft site. Still need help in
opening pdf files.

Not getting any mileage from the public Microsoft site. Still need help in
opening pdf files.

What version of Adobe's Reader are you using?

"torch" <david@vantagegroup.co.nz> wrote:

>Not getting any mileage from the public Microsoft site. Still need help in
>opening pdf files.

TRENDING THREADS