Search function not working

As subject: Search function not working.

It worked normally after recent re-installation. Now, immediately I
run it a small window appears over the middle of the main window: it
says Search Companion in the title bar, there is a small yellow
triangle with an exclamation mark and an OK button. In the main window
it says "To start your search, follow the instructions in the left
pane." But in the left pane there are no instructions, only
the`Searching for ...' and `Looking in ...' messages and the Stop
button, as if it really was searching. But it isn't. Nothing is
happening.

I looked up Search Companion in the Help but it didn't (help, that
is).

Any advice appreciated.

Robin
2 answers Last reply
More about search function working

    Windows XP Search Problems
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_search_probs.htm

    [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in

    > http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_search_probs.htm

    Thanks Carey. Where would we be without Doug!

    Robin

Microsoft Windows XP