Which software is best for talking to friends while gaming?

Ankira

Distinguished
May 10, 2006
I play a variety of games on-line with friends. We tend to link up with a voice connection as well. We tend to use Skype at the moment, but it's a bit memory intensive for some.

What do people use while gaming? Any thoughts on what's a good mechanism? I'd be interested to see your thoughts.

Thanks!

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I use Teamspeak.

http://www.goteamspeak.com/

I have ventrilo, but it was only used in guild wars for gvg, I hate those computer fart sounds.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
A good thing to do if you want to get in to using voice coms with the PC is to, if you have a 3rd party sound card and a second built in soundcard on your motherboard. Use the main soundcard for a 5.1 speaker system (or your preference of speaker configuration) and then use the onboard soundcard linked to a one ear peace headset and bang you have a configuration just as good as Xbox Lives voice com setup.

G

vdgvd ctgbc vydrvb gxb vhn vhyn hj jhn h bh jcfnvbngujvhgehrgf nen vnbf mjvn ,bneidrkfn ujm, u8nj u8 jiom, uonhjm u8om, okpl;.90ul,.5dfcv niujk, frfyrgfb ikjm,ol,klm j iomkmk, hkmcf,.hjn,l/c.ghodgf beufzsm y5tc d89b

G

hello how are you a hope you will have a nice christmas.i am 17 how old are you if you mind can you wright back pleas

From shera

Captainhero

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
Teamspeak - easy to setup and configure, sound quality can be a bit rubbish at times but generally my preferred voip client.
Ventrillo - a pain to setup and configure if you have never used but good quality.
I also use xfire for my game tracking etc

squatchman

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008

Bend over and welcome your new Bestof Media overlords with both hands.