the kids are back :(

Well folks, it looks like AGD has been taken over, today while playing (and
burning in some more mules) we had Dingogirl and 4 friends playing in AGD,
there was also another drop-in that passed by a few days ago. These
characters always seem to drop straight in camp and run around looking for
items, even into the corners ( I tested this by dropping a flawed gem at my
feet as soon as he entered, nowhere near the fire but it disappeared anyway)

Do not mule in AGD anymore unless you dont want it.
You have been warned

Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?

Craig
58 answers Last reply
More about kids back

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw> and realizing that it's a
    small world after all, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> said:

    >Well folks, it looks like AGD has been taken over, today while playing (and
    >burning in some more mules) we had Dingogirl and 4 friends playing in AGD,
    >there was also another drop-in that passed by a few days ago. These
    >characters always seem to drop straight in camp and run around looking for
    >items, even into the corners ( I tested this by dropping a flawed gem at my
    >feet as soon as he entered, nowhere near the fire but it disappeared anyway)
    >
    >Do not mule in AGD anymore unless you dont want it.
    >You have been warned
    >
    >Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?

    I think it is.
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:08:10 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    wrote:

    >Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?
    >
    >Craig

    It's the same old problem: If we did, how would we distribute it? If
    it's posted in here the griefers would see it, or get it the same way
    that they did this time. If it's done via something like email, who
    decides who gets the password and who doesn't? FWIW, my answer is no,
    I don't think it's worth changing it, while we might lose idiots like
    dingogirl (for a little while), we would also lose new players like
    Katyie (sp?), and that would be a true shame.

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    I disagree with changing the password due to the same reasons others
    have mentioned.

    We have that public mule account, just load your unwanted yet useful
    items there, as for items who are absolutely useless (Isenhart armor,
    anyone?) either give it to Charsi or let dingo has it, who cares? :)

    "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au> wrote in message
    > Well folks, it looks like AGD has been taken over, today while playing
    (and
    > burning in some more mules) we had Dingogirl and 4 friends playing in AGD,
    > there was also another drop-in that passed by a few days ago. These
    > characters always seem to drop straight in camp and run around looking for
    > items, even into the corners ( I tested this by dropping a flawed gem at
    my
    > feet as soon as he entered, nowhere near the fire but it disappeared
    anyway)

    > Do not mule in AGD anymore unless you dont want it.
    > You have been warned
    >
    > Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?

    This has been gone over countless times before, and most people are against
    it. I will admit that the current situation is by far the worst I've
    experienced in my short stay here.

    I say we just make the games unplayable for the little pricks.

    Ok, maybe I'm thickheaded, but I found them funny. Well not them, but
    the comments by other AGD regulars in response to their behavior while
    in game are funny :)

    A lot of the items on the agdpub haven't been touched for a while,
    perhaps if we throw those out, there won't be a need for a 2nd mule.
    But if you are going to start another one, why not just let the
    password to be the same as the first one? CymTyr (from agd2) just
    started a new account btw, *agdmule1 IIRC.

    I think it was jerk-o <jerk-o@yomomma.org> that wrote something
    like...

    >>Do not mule in AGD anymore unless you dont want it.
    >>You have been warned
    >>
    >>Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?
    >
    >I think it is.

    The problem isn't so much in changing the password as getting word out
    what the new password is without it becoming pointless to change the
    password.

    Ashen Shugar
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule!

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Excellent point ald. I think we leave things as they are, maybe I build a
    > PvP character and learn how to use it.

    Now we're talking my language, want any PvP pally or necro advice, just
    lemme know.

    deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in

    > The problem isn't so much in changing the password as getting word out
    > what the new password is without it becoming pointless to change the
    > password.
    >
    > Ashen Shugar

    I agree. Not that I've been on the realm lately, but perhaps it would be a
    good idea to exchange email addys and and give out the password via email.
    Doing on the NG is too public and the kids could likely find it.

    Diane

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote:

    > On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 11:08:10 +1100, "Craig" <NOBODY@IRRELEVANT.com.au>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?
    > >
    > >Craig
    >
    > It's the same old problem: If we did, how would we distribute it?
    > it's posted in here the griefers would see it, or get it the same way
    > that they did this time.

    I'm not certain the people causing trouble are getting the password via
    the newsgroup. I think they're guessing or it's word of mouth. Since
    this problem got worse recently, I think it's likely someone opened the
    door to someone who wasn't trustworthy who passed the word on to others.

    One thing that could be done is to change the password, announce it
    here, and see if the same troublemakers come back. At the very least,
    we'd learn if the troublemakers were actually reading the group or if
    they were a link in a chain that is now broken.

    If that fails, then one can consider more drastic options like e-mail or
    getting the password from another AGD person who is frequently online
    and knows enough about the group to assess people based on posting names
    or what-not (people like Shiftlet or Orion Ryder). I don't have a
    problem with giving the password only to people who actively post or are
    well-known to those who actively post and who can vouch for them.

    Based on how the AGD games seem to be going (and I stopped going to them
    long ago because of various problems which seem to have gotten worse), I
    think there's not much to lose in changing the password. What's the
    point of attracting good newcomers if they are quickly scared off by the
    bad behavior of griefers? The whole point is to provide a good
    environment which people are more comfortable playing in compared to
    public games.

    Personally, I don't care either way ATM (and won't until the ladder is
    reset and I make a return to realms) but I can promise that when I do
    return, I won't be in AGD games if the password hasn't been changed and
    this problem hasn't been addressed in some assertive fashion.

    Shari

    > PvP Necro advice please!! Just started "Spare-Ribs" last might, he's lvl
    11
    > so I don't think I've done anything wrong yet. With my ping-times of late,
    > summoner necro is about the only option. I have a teleport ammy put aside
    > for him. I have some +1 Marrowwalks (might be able to steal shady's +2's
    off
    > her mule if she doesn't stop playing with her killer cold witch and spend
    > some time on her baby necro), all of Trangs except the wing (which I'll
    > trade for or find), Ume's Lament or Blackhand Key, various gear, some
    pretty
    > good.

    I'll assume you're not dueling pros, but here's some things you'll need.
    Don't go pure summoner, go summon/bone hybrid. Max skels, mastery, bone
    spear or spirit, and bonewall. With Marrows, this will give you a strong
    spear/spirit and good bone armor as well as your summons. Make sure you have
    at least 80 FCR, you need to teleport fast to catch a hostile moving
    opponent, keep your resists up as well. Use bonewall to your advantage...if
    fighting a paladin or druid for example, you can bonewall him in, or setup
    barricades to hide behind, then spirit away at him. Use Decrep, not Amp on
    melee chars...slows down their attack speed as well as their move speed.
    Against a teleporter, just go with Amp, Decrep doesn't slow cast speed so
    you want them killed quickly. Take advantage of the minions bug as well-as
    long as you have one "large" revive(yeti, minotaur, beetle, maggot, etc)
    when you teleport, your whole army will remain stacked on you, and you can't
    be directly targeted by spells, so always make sure you have a couple big
    revives. Against barbs, just cast IM on him, and surround him with
    bonewalls. If he tries to WW though them, he dies.

    Alice wrote:
    > I disagree with changing the password due to the same reasons others
    > have mentioned.
    >
    > We have that public mule account, just load your unwanted yet useful
    > items there, as for items who are absolutely useless (Isenhart armor,
    > anyone?) either give it to Charsi or let dingo has it, who cares? :)

    the problem is getting it onto the public mules, AIS before, they're coming
    in and being A**holes, anything on the ground is fair game as far as they're
    concerened, so unless you have 2 sets of cd keys you have to leave items
    somewhere and thats when they snag things.
    I've had another begging for items in both normal and hell games.

    These are the same people who have been causing trouble with Katyie and
    Misfit over the last month or so.

    I'm not saying we must change passwords I'm just wondering if anyone else
    has suggestions. Maybe firing up the bots and going into the chat channel to
    see who is playing where, but thats the same as changing the password and
    those who dont know the commands etc. still wont be able to find us.
    These people dont seem to take hints and think its a joke if you PK them so
    its hard to chase them away

    Craig

    wrote:

    >Well folks, it looks like AGD has been taken over, today while playing (and
    >burning in some more mules) we had Dingogirl and 4 friends playing in AGD,
    >there was also another drop-in that passed by a few days ago. These
    >characters always seem to drop straight in camp and run around looking for
    >items, even into the corners ( I tested this by dropping a flawed gem at my
    >feet as soon as he entered, nowhere near the fire but it disappeared anyway)
    >
    >Do not mule in AGD anymore unless you dont want it.
    >You have been warned
    >
    >Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?

    The only real solution, IMO, is to go to the Amazon Basin, where some
    very good people are willing to put in a significant amount of work to
    make sure the community stays friendly. There's no reason AGD
    regulars can't jump through the few little hoops the AB requires, and
    then play trouble-free.

    -- Roy L

    "Diane" <kirchbabe1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au (Ashen Shugar) wrote in
    >
    > > The problem isn't so much in changing the password as getting word out
    > > what the new password is without it becoming pointless to change the
    > > password.
    > >
    > > Ashen Shugar
    >
    > I agree. Not that I've been on the realm lately, but perhaps it would be
    > good idea to exchange email addys and and give out the password via email.
    > Doing on the NG is too public and the kids could likely find it.

    There's the D2 Honest Traders Club Yahoo group, it could be passed out via
    that.

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://www.evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
    My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
    Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)

    <royls@telus.net> wrote in message

    > The only real solution, IMO, is to go to the Amazon Basin, where
    some
    > very good people are willing to put in a significant amount of work
    > make sure the community stays friendly. There's no reason AGD
    > regulars can't jump through the few little hoops the AB requires,
    and
    > then play trouble-free.

    Gotta agree with Roy on this one. The AB games have a password that
    changes daily. You go to the website and login to find the PW for the
    day, then go to the standard games (HC, SC, Ladder, Nonladder). AB
    games are very similar to AGD games, more friendly if you can believe
    it. No one there is rude, or unpleasant, or grabby; or else they
    aren't there for long. Their games are just for questing, so you could
    still use the AGD games (w/ the daily PW) for muling and rushing. With
    the pool of D2 players shrinking all the time, it would be a plus for
    all.

    The only down side, some of you would have to give up your Maphack.

    Regards-
    Mark

    Bongo-Fury

    "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in

    > There's the D2 Honest Traders Club Yahoo group, it could be passed out
    > via that.

    Never heard of this group. Please, tell me more. Can anyone join?

    Diane

    On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 23:45:19 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >"EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> There's the D2 Honest Traders Club Yahoo group, it could be passed out
    >> via that.
    >>

    >Never heard of this group. Please, tell me more. Can anyone join?
    >
    >Diane

    Well, yeah, as long as you're approved by the group's moderator, which
    I have absolutely no idea who is ATM. The group was started by
    Marshall, and he was the moderator until he stepped down, after which
    the group has apparently gone dormant (I haven't seen one of their
    messages in *months*). Heh, sure is different from when Randy's server
    went berserk and sent the group something like 160 messages notifying
    us of the *wrong* new address for him ;-)

    Diane wrote:
    > "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in
    >
    >> There's the D2 Honest Traders Club Yahoo group, it could be passed
    >> out via that.
    >>

    > Never heard of this group. Please, tell me more. Can anyone join?

    Only honest traders. ;-)

    desktop at home dot se

    "Desktop" <desktop@home.sweden> wrote in news:r4iGd.127738$dP1.458822
    @newsc.telia.net:

    > Only honest traders. ;-)
    >
    > desktop at home dot se

    I should have guessed that one. Sheesh, lol.

    Diane

    ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in

    > Well, yeah, as long as you're approved by the group's moderator, which
    > I have absolutely no idea who is ATM. The group was started by
    > Marshall, and he was the moderator until he stepped down, after which
    > the group has apparently gone dormant (I haven't seen one of their
    > messages in *months*). Heh, sure is different from when Randy's server
    > went berserk and sent the group something like 160 messages notifying
    > us of the *wrong* new address for him ;-)
    >
    > ald

    Thanks for the info. Wonder if there could be a resurrection of this
    group. Was it just a chat kind of group, or was the purpose for trading
    Diablo stuff? If it was the latter, you could do that on the realm, so
    I'm just wondering what the group is about, since it was mentioned.

    Diane

    On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 01:36:34 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >Thanks for the info. Wonder if there could be a resurrection of this
    >group. Was it just a chat kind of group, or was the purpose for trading
    >Diablo stuff? If it was the latter, you could do that on the realm, so
    >I'm just wondering what the group is about, since it was mentioned.
    >
    >Diane

    Yeah, it was for trading, not the elite kind of stuff, but more common
    equipment, or at least that's the way I remember it from the start.
    The group is still listed as active, it had my old Erols address so I
    had to change that, but apparently there were only two messages that
    bounced, both looking for Mountain Dew points ;-) It the time of it's
    conception, there were a lot of scammers on BNut (I'm not saying there
    aren't now, I don't know since I've never traded), but I must say that
    the reason I joined was that a bunch of the people I chatted with were
    on it, and even in it's heyday there was a least a little bit of that
    (although Marshall tried to rein it in).

    Craig wrote:
    > I'm not saying we must change passwords I'm just wondering if
    > anyone else has suggestions. Maybe firing up the bots and going
    > into the chat channel to see who is playing where, but thats the
    > same as changing the password and those who dont know the commands
    > etc. still wont be able to find us.

    If it is Subbot you can make a help file that explains the commands to
    new people. I have written some simple bits myself, and I could mail
    them to you if you are interested.

    wrote:

    >Well folks, it looks like AGD has been taken over, today while playing (and
    >burning in some more mules) we had Dingogirl and 4 friends playing in AGD,
    >there was also another drop-in that passed by a few days ago. These
    >characters always seem to drop straight in camp and run around looking for
    >items, even into the corners ( I tested this by dropping a flawed gem at my
    >feet as soon as he entered, nowhere near the fire but it disappeared anyway)
    >
    >Do not mule in AGD anymore unless you dont want it.
    >You have been warned
    >
    >Is it worthwhile changing the password to something a little less obvious?
    >
    >Craig

    I suspect that after being given a cold shoulder treatment by most of
    the agd regs, these idiots will go away after a while.

    I entered an AGD game yesterday after getting back form the gym and I
    could have sworn i was in a pubbie game. I stayed to watch the fun.
    One kid was accusing another one of stealing an item (pul rune i
    think) he had dropped for transfer (ironic isn't it?). Another one was
    challenging everyone to duel and calling everyone noob (He couldn't
    understand why someone would have a high -level character if it wasn't
    for duelling). I was hostiled for the first time ever in an AGD game.
    Others would pop in every once in a while, take 2 seconds to scan for
    anything that dropped on the ground, then leave.

    Needless to say, all of the participants seemed to be friends of
    Dinogirl and Hellsguardian.

    foobear

    foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:59:40 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    > wrote:
    >>
    >> Sounds like these kids think they've taken over the AGD area, huh?
    >>
    >> Diane
    > \
    > oh yeah, I forgot to mention the one that continuously claims to
    > either "own" agd or have "made" agd.
    >
    > These are all the same fools that were harassing kaytie a while back.
    >
    > foobear

    Jerks :(

    There is no spoon.

    EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html

    "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Jerks :(

    Jeez, maybe I DO need to build that PvP character on ladder.

    EvilBill wrote:
    > foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >
    >>On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:59:40 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>>Sounds like these kids think they've taken over the AGD area, huh?
    >>>
    >>>Diane
    >>
    >>\
    >>oh yeah, I forgot to mention the one that continuously claims to
    >>either "own" agd or have "made" agd.
    >>
    >>These are all the same fools that were harassing kaytie a while back.
    >>
    >>foobear
    >

    > Jerks :(

    Ok...I know this may be a stupid question...and not a good time to be
    asking this. I have tried to enter agd games before, but I have always
    gotten the "game does not exist" message. I wont ask for the game names
    and p/w's to be posted here, for obvious reasons. But would someone
    please e-mail me? I hope I have made myself heard in here enough to
    warrant the trust needed! :-)
    Just in case someone cant "see" my e-mail address....sidekick39 at
    adelphia dot net
    Thanks

    On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:50:56 -0500, sidekick
    <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

    >Ok...I know this may be a stupid question...and not a good time to be
    >asking this. I have tried to enter agd games before, but I have always
    >gotten the "game does not exist" message. I wont ask for the game names
    >and p/w's to be posted here, for obvious reasons. But would someone
    >please e-mail me? I hope I have made myself heard in here enough to
    >warrant the trust needed! :-)
    >Just in case someone cant "see" my e-mail address....sidekick39 at
    >adelphia dot net
    >Thanks

    No need for email, the game names and passwords have been posted
    numerous times, the whole *idea* was that we could find each other for
    a good gaming experience.

    Normal games: (name/password)

    agd/agd
    agd2/agd

    NM:

    agdnm/agd
    agdnm2/agd

    Hell:

    agdhell/agd
    agdhell2/agd

    Note that on occasion it's necessary to create an agd3, but every time
    I've tried recently I've ended up alone, so that's really a last
    resort.

    > You think I would have asked you if it wasn't warranted? Some of them seem
    > to be duelers so we really need someone who knows what they're doing to
    act
    > as 'bouncer'. Any gear I have that you need, if you decide to, is yours
    for
    > the asking. That goes for a Stormlash as well. (Don't know if they're any
    > good for a duelist)

    I love Stormlash, but it's not really a duelist weapon. If I could get ahold
    of a Lacerator, even non-eth I should be okay, other good pally pvp
    smite/charge weapons for my build would be, Doom, Astreon's(great for
    smiters), and Grief(best smiter weapon), but those are all pretty high
    dollar items, Lacerator would be the most obtainable. You already offered
    HoZ, so if I could get a weapon, the most important items are covered. I
    know someone could provide a Ravenfrost, dunno abot Highlords and Dracul's
    which are both fairly important though.

    ald wrote:
    > On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:50:56 -0500, sidekick
    > <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
    >

    >>Ok...I know this may be a stupid question...and not a good time to be
    >>asking this. I have tried to enter agd games before, but I have always
    >>gotten the "game does not exist" message. I wont ask for the game names
    >>and p/w's to be posted here, for obvious reasons. But would someone
    >>please e-mail me? I hope I have made myself heard in here enough to
    >>warrant the trust needed! :-)
    >>Just in case someone cant "see" my e-mail address....sidekick39 at
    >>adelphia dot net
    >>Thanks
    >

    > No need for email, the game names and passwords have been posted
    > numerous times, the whole *idea* was that we could find each other for
    > a good gaming experience.
    >
    > Normal games: (name/password)
    >
    > agd/agd
    > agd2/agd
    >
    > NM:
    >
    > agdnm/agd
    > agdnm2/agd
    >
    > Hell:
    >
    > agdhell/agd
    > agdhell2/agd
    >
    > Note that on occasion it's necessary to create an agd3, but every time
    > I've tried recently I've ended up alone, so that's really a last
    > resort.
    >

    > ald
    > "Knowledge is Power"
    > VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    > Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    > Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    > Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    > Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    > Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    > Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    > Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    > Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    > Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    > BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    > Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    > Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    > CotSRSig #16
    I dont get it! I tried the agd/agd several times and found no one
    there. I created a game....no one came in. is it only hardcore...or
    ladder games?

    "sidekick" <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in message
    > ald wrote:
    > >
    > > Normal games: (name/password)
    > >
    > > agd/agd
    > > agd2/agd
    > >
    > > NM:
    > >
    > > agdnm/agd
    > > agdnm2/agd
    > >
    > > Hell:
    > >
    > > agdhell/agd
    > > agdhell2/agd
    > >
    > > Note that on occasion it's necessary to create an agd3, but every time
    > > I've tried recently I've ended up alone, so that's really a last
    > > resort.
    >
    > I dont get it! I tried the agd/agd several times and found no one
    > there. I created a game....no one came in. is it only hardcore...or
    > ladder games?

    They're ladder games normally.

    IIRC, the non-ladder games are:
    agdx/agd,
    agdxnm/agd, and
    agdxhell/agd

    RelMark

    "~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    > Shiflet wrote:
    > > "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Jerks :(
    > >
    > > Jeez, maybe I DO need to build that PvP character on ladder.
    >
    > You think I would have asked you if it wasn't warranted? Some of them seem
    > to be duelers so we really need someone who knows what they're doing to
    act
    > as 'bouncer'. Any gear I have that you need, if you decide to, is yours
    for
    > the asking. That goes for a Stormlash as well. (Don't know if they're any
    > good for a duelist)

    They are just stupid kids, they are nothing. I wouldn't be that concerned
    about it.

    I think it was "Shiflet" <rshiflet@charter.net> that wrote something
    like...

    >"~misfit~" <misfit61nz@hooya.co.nz> wrote in message
    >> You think I would have asked you if it wasn't warranted? Some of them seem
    >> to be duelers so we really need someone who knows what they're doing to
    >act
    >> as 'bouncer'. Any gear I have that you need, if you decide to, is yours
    >for
    >> the asking. That goes for a Stormlash as well. (Don't know if they're any
    >> good for a duelist)
    >
    >I love Stormlash, but it's not really a duelist weapon. If I could get ahold
    >of a Lacerator, even non-eth I should be okay, other good pally pvp
    >smite/charge weapons for my build would be, Doom, Astreon's(great for
    >smiters), and Grief(best smiter weapon), but those are all pretty high
    >dollar items, Lacerator would be the most obtainable. You already offered
    >HoZ, so if I could get a weapon, the most important items are covered. I
    >know someone could provide a Ravenfrost, dunno abot Highlords and Dracul's
    >which are both fairly important though.

    Well, I've got a Grief, Ravenfrost and Draculs, so what's an ideal
    point distribution for such a paladin? I may very well make one for
    myself. : )

    "Ashen Shugar" <deathsabyss@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message
    > Well, I've got a Grief, Ravenfrost and Draculs, so what's an ideal
    > point distribution for such a paladin? I may very well make one for
    > myself. : )

    2 setups:

    Standard PvM zealot/PvP smite/charger hybrid:
    20 Fana
    20 Smite
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Sacrifice
    at least 1 zeal(HoZ will put you at 5, which is sufficient)
    at least 1 in Vigor and all pre-reqs
    rest in Zeal(for more effective PvM) and/or Charge(for more effective PvP)

    Primary PvP version:
    20 Fana
    20 Smite
    20 Holy Shield
    20 Charge
    at least 1 Zeal
    at least 1 in Vigor and all pre-reqs
    rest in Sacrifice(for those times when you do go for a little PvM) or
    Vigor(to boost Charge)

    For both versions, 1 in Salvation is optional, but can be very useful
    against FoHers, Cold Sorcs, and any elemental character with a Lower Resist
    wand on switch.

    Stats are the same in both version, enough strength for gear, dex to
    maintain 75% block, base energy, rest in vita. You'll also want to make sure
    you have at least 48% FHR(if you can, get 86, it's the last breakpoint, but
    it's a bit tougher to reach) and max resists, and you'll probably want 25%
    DR or more as well. For melee duels, keep Run turned off.

    The "ideal" setup for this type of pally is:
    CoA(usually socketed with Ber/Ber or Ber/Cham so you don't need the
    Ravenfrost, or Ber/Shael)
    Grief phase blade or zerker
    upped Um/p diamond HoZ or Exile in an elite pally shield with resist all
    Fortitude or CoH
    Dracul's
    Gore Riders
    Highlords Wrath
    Verdungos
    BK ring+Ravenfrost or if using Cham'ed CoA, BK Ring x2 or BK ring+rare ring
    with resists/stats/whatever

    You have the weapon and gloves, but here's some alternate options for other
    gear:
    Helm-Harly Crest, Andy's Visage
    Armor-Duress, Guardian Angel
    Shield-non upped HoZ, godly rare +2 skills elite pally shield
    Belt-SoE, TGods
    Boots-Godly rares with 30% fast run, FHR, resists, stats
    Ammy:Atma's

    small world after all, "EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> said:

    >foobear <bearmac@hotmail.com> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
    >> On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 19:59:40 GMT, Diane <kirchbabe1@verizon.net>
    >> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Sounds like these kids think they've taken over the AGD area, huh?
    >>>
    >>> Diane
    >> \
    >> oh yeah, I forgot to mention the one that continuously claims to
    >> either "own" agd or have "made" agd.
    >>
    >> These are all the same fools that were harassing kaytie a while back.
    >>
    >> foobear
    >
    >Jerks :(

    Whatwhatwhat?

    It's not my fault!!!!1!1!one!!one!eleven!!
    --
    no, i didn't forget the 'F's
    http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002
    http://www.geocities.com/nameless_mod
    -My Diablo 2 Mod
    -My theme song

    I just came back a month ago or so and noticed alot of new account names
    running around grabbing things up on a regular basis. I didn't really think
    anything of it I was welcomed back with open arms had a couple of people
    drop me some good items (Thanks to all of you that helped me out =D) I'm up
    in NM now and i got some runes together so i decided to mule them out drop
    them and leave, come back and they're gone...no biggy i figured someone
    needed them bady i wasn't too worried nothing really strong was dropped.
    About a week later i join in drop somethings let people know i'm muling and
    leave coming back to find everything i dropped gone the same two people in
    the game when i left. Both of the had been in the camp when i asked what
    had happened to my items they said the time must have run out on them and
    they had been deleted >.> in less than a minute it took me to change
    accounts...I wasn't too pleased
    needless to say i haven't been running around AGD in awhile and i'm looking
    for people starting off act 2 in NM

    Snyde the Paladin

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:03:27 GMT, "Mike Power" <mikepower@eastlink.ca>
    wrote:

    >needless to say i haven't been running around AGD in awhile and i'm looking
    >for people starting off act 2 in NM
    >
    >Snyde the Paladin

    Wrong solution, IMNSHO. If we adopt this attitude, the griefers win.
    These are *our* games, not theirs, so we can't let that happen. Yeah,
    I certainly wouldn't use them for muling anymore, sad as that is to
    say, unless one of my trusted friends was kind enough to hold stuff
    for me (passed through the trade window). The only other solution I
    see is the old tried and un-true one, creating your own game for
    muling, burning it in, and praying that it stays while you get the
    other character.

    For drops of stuff we don't want, the only solution I see is the same,
    make another game and whisper to people you know (*not* Dingogirl
    a.k.a. HellsGuardian, or whatever the second account is) the
    name/pass. It'll only last about 5 minutes, if no one goes to grab
    things (which *I* basically try not to, too much playing "pure" in SP
    ;-) ), so the solution is *far* from perfect, but I don't see any
    other way :-(

    ald
    "Knowledge is Power"
    VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
    Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
    Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
    Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
    Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
    Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
    Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
    Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
    Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
    Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
    BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
    Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
    Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
    CotSRSig #16

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:44:58 GMT, "Whitedog"
    <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

    >Are we sure they're the same person? I saw them talking to each other a
    >couple of days ago. Also, there is far more than 2 of them now. They're
    >multiplying like rabbits.

    Well, I *thought* so, from what I've read in here (they were *not*
    around the last time I was able to connect to BNut), but from reading
    further down, it appears I could be in error.

    Whitedog wrote:
    > "ald" <103175.3500@compuserve.com> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 22:03:27 GMT, "Mike Power"
    >> <mikepower@eastlink.ca> wrote:
    >>
    >>> needless to say i haven't been running around AGD in awhile and i'm
    >>> looking for people starting off act 2 in NM
    >>>
    >>> Snyde the Paladin
    >>
    >> Wrong solution, IMNSHO. If we adopt this attitude, the griefers win.
    >> These are *our* games, not theirs, so we can't let that happen. Yeah,
    >> I certainly wouldn't use them for muling anymore, sad as that is to
    >> say, unless one of my trusted friends was kind enough to hold stuff
    >> for me (passed through the trade window). The only other solution I
    >> see is the old tried and un-true one, creating your own game for
    >> muling, burning it in, and praying that it stays while you get the
    >> other character.
    >>
    >> For drops of stuff we don't want, the only solution I see is the
    >> same, make another game and whisper to people you know (*not*
    >> Dingogirl a.k.a. HellsGuardian, or whatever the second account is)
    >> the name/pass. It'll only last about 5 minutes, if no one goes to
    >> grab things (which *I* basically try not to, too much playing "pure"
    >> in SP ;-) ), so the solution is *far* from perfect, but I don't see
    >> any other way :-(
    >
    > Are we sure they're the same person? I saw them talking to each
    > other a couple of days ago. Also, there is far more than 2 of them
    > now. They're multiplying like rabbits.

    I took down 5 different account names (all playing at the same time) on the
    day that I wrote the initial post, and they were commenting that Yoyo
    (another trouble maker) was away for a few days, that list also excludes
    another person who was new and begging/ grabby, he followed a few of us into
    a hell game and seemed to be learning the rules, albeit slowly.

    Craig

    If anything what about putting together a list of "bad" account names that
    shouldn't be trusted for muling although from the sounds of it the list
    would grow daily

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:58:06 GMT, "Mike Power" <mikepower@eastlink.ca>
    wrote:

    >If anything what about putting together a list of "bad" account names that
    >shouldn't be trusted for muling although from the sounds of it the list
    >would grow daily

    Apparently you have no *idea* how funny that is, considering who was
    the first person to respond to my comments ;-)

    > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 01:58:06 GMT, "Mike Power" <mikepower@eastlink.ca>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >If anything what about putting together a list of "bad" account names
    that
    > >shouldn't be trusted for muling although from the sounds of it the list
    > >would grow daily
    >
    > Apparently you have no *idea* how funny that is, considering who was
    > the first person to respond to my comments ;-)

    SILENCE FOOL!

    :)

    "Mike Power" <mikepower@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
    > If anything what about putting together a list of "bad" account names that
    > shouldn't be trusted for muling although from the sounds of it the list
    > would grow daily

    I'm not saying a word...

    Mike Power wrote:
    > If anything what about putting together a list of "bad" account names
    > that shouldn't be trusted for muling although from the sounds of it
    > the list would grow daily

    I didn't list them here because previously people have complained about
    "outing" transgressors.
    When I've been in there and they are floating around, I have usually offer
    to hold items for regs who were muling to prevent them from disappearing.

    Craig

    "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> said:

    >"Mike Power" <mikepower@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
    >> If anything what about putting together a list of "bad" account names that
    >> shouldn't be trusted for muling although from the sounds of it the list
    >> would grow daily
    >>

    >I'm not saying a word...

    Too late, you already did.
    --

    "jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    > "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> said:
    >

    > >"Mike Power" <mikepower@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
    > >> If anything what about putting together a list of "bad" account names
    that
    > >> shouldn't be trusted for muling although from the sounds of it the list
    > >> would grow daily
    > >>

    > >I'm not saying a word...
    >
    > Too late, you already did.

    Bah, damn Short.

    After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> said:

    >"jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
    >> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    >> "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> said:
    >>

    >> >"Mike Power" <mikepower@eastlink.ca> wrote in message
    >that
    >> >>

    >> >I'm not saying a word...
    >>
    >> Too late, you already did.
    >
    >Bah, damn Short.

    Why are you blaming short? He's not the one who said something even tho they
    said they weren't going to...
    --

    > After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,
    > "Whitedog" <jroyer2@worldnet.att.net> said:
    >

    > >"jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
    > >> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>,

    > >that

    > >> Too late, you already did.
    > >
    > >Bah, damn Short.
    >
    > Why are you blaming short? He's not the one who said something even tho
    they
    > said they weren't going to...

    It has to be his fault. I'll find a way to pin it on him.

    the account names *deepfriedspam2 and *archer999 where to two people running
    around in the camp while i was muling.
    > Mike Power wrote:
    >> I just came back a month ago or so and noticed alot of new account
    >> names running around grabbing things up on a regular basis. I didn't
    >> really think anything of it I was welcomed back with open arms had a
    >> couple of people drop me some good items (Thanks to all of you that
    >> helped me out =D) I'm up in NM now and i got some runes together so
    >> i decided to mule them out drop them and leave, come back and they're
    >> gone...no biggy i figured someone needed them bady i wasn't too
    >> worried nothing really strong was dropped. About a week later i join
    >> in drop somethings let people know i'm muling and leave coming back
    >> to find everything i dropped gone the same two people in the game
    >> when i left. Both of the had been in the camp when i asked what had
    >> happened to my items they said the time must have run out on them and
    >> they had been deleted >.> in less than a minute it took me to change
    >> accounts...I wasn't too pleased
    >> needless to say i haven't been running around AGD in awhile and i'm
    >> looking for people starting off act 2 in NM
    >>
    >> Snyde the Paladin
    >
    > Sory to hear that Mike. What were the names of the characters involved?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I thought it always was left pinned on short

    > the account names *deepfriedspam2 and *archer999 where to two people
    running
    > around in the camp while i was muling.

    deepfriedspam has been around for a long time I think, although I don't
    remember who that is. Don't know *archer999.

Video Games