Sign in with
Your question

Windows7

Last response: in Windows 7
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 15, 2010 7:18:13 PM

Ever since i upgraded my p.c(dell) form vista to Windows7,the sound card doesnt work anymore.Any suggestions on wht i should do?

More about : windows7

a b $ Windows 7
August 15, 2010 7:59:26 PM

Install the right drivers, what model dell, what sound chip, what version of 7, 32bit or 64bit
you can try going to Control Panel, Device Manager and look at sound, click on the pointy next to it,and it should open up, right click on the sound chip and update drivers
a b \ Driver
a b $ Windows 7
August 16, 2010 12:39:39 PM

Go to dell website and enter your specifics like service tag and model.
Dell will auto scan your pc for missing drivers.
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
August 16, 2010 3:53:03 PM

Hi johs-y-k, You can also let Windows try to update your sound driver for you by running Windows Updates. Start button > search for "Update" > click Windows Update > In the left pane, click Check for updates, and then wait while Windows looks for the latest updates for your computer.

Also, follow Davcon's directions at the Dell support site, http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/

Let us know what happens!

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
a b $ Windows 7
August 16, 2010 4:03:13 PM

I think I said that
a b $ Windows 7
August 16, 2010 9:45:45 PM

number13 said:
I think I said that

Yes, Number13 going in through the Control Panel > Device Manager, etc. will also allow him to update his sound driver through Windows Updates. I was just thinking running Windows Updates in full may catch other missing drivers as well, allowing him to update all necessary drivers in the process.

It was not my intention to discount your answer :??: 

Cheers,
Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach
!