PS3 Utter Disaster... Sony mulling Price Cuts

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
http://www.dailytech.com/Sony+Teeters+on+PlayStation+3+Price/article6976.htm

On a personal note, went to Gamestop on Saturday... (weekly trip). The guy tells me he doesn't expect a person to just walk into a store and "be able to get a Wii off the shelf" till end of summer. Had plenty of PS3s...

So, some people mentioned to go on Sundays to dealers (as that is when new shipments arrive). I went to my local Toys R Us on Sunday. They received 90 units that morning!!

BUT there was a line of 20-30 people before the store opened... the 90 units sold out in under 2 hrs... I missed it by a few hours. :cry:

Lines for Wiis?? It is almost MAY not Christmas!!

See my sig for the utter thrashing of Wii over PS3.. the gap widens by about 1MM units every two weeks. 8O

Aaron McKenna

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yep, Sony has been trying to quash the rumour, but they're pretty solid now, that they can't sell the PS3. It would take the PS4 to fail utterly for Sony to be out of the game, but the PS3 will probably round off as the "loser" in this generations fight - mainly because of mistakes Sony made, rather than sterling competition. The competition is stiff, but it shouldn't have sunk Sony quite like this.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
One of my buddies from college, was the most anxious person I knew to want a PS3, he got it alright, sold it on ebay right after, and he's still playing x360.

I read on CNN ( :? I know..), Nintendo sells the Wii at a profit! Unlike the other consoles, well I can't say i'm not surprised, given some of the hardware powering the Wii.

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
One of my buddies from college, was the most anxious person I knew to want a PS3, he got it alright, sold it on ebay right after, and he's still playing x360.

I read on CNN ( :? I know..), Nintendo sells the Wii at a profit! Unlike the other consoles, well I can't say i'm not surprised, given some of the hardware powering the Wii.

Nintendo is raking in the $$$$ -

All the accessories + all the royalties from the software sales of over 6MM consoles (and growing to quickly become 10MM).

Good for Nintendo.. what a comeback

tmeacham

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2005
Nintendo (and Sony for that matter) need more solid games. Both consoles look pretty barren for the next several months.

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Nintendo (and Sony for that matter) need more solid games. Both consoles look pretty barren for the next several months.

?
Personally I have seen several titles on the Wii that I want. Rayman Raving Rabids, Marvel ultimate alliance, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Wii play, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, etc.

Thats just off the top of my head. You might be looking for something significantly different in a console than I am but I'd say that the Wii has more interesting games than even the 360.

Then again I hate console FPSs so that knocks out a lot of the "good" games on the other two consoles.

locherbread

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
seriously do poeple get of sexually if something, in their eyes fails?
I hazard a big yes people actually mess they're knickers when the company they obviously hate (such a strong, negative emotion) falters...

Why don't people just play/enjoy the console you own?

infornography42

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I hazard a big yes people actually mess they're knickers when the company they obviously hate (such a strong, negative emotion) falters...

Why does a sports enthusiast root for a specific team and root against the other? Why do Chevy drivers hate Ford? Why do we pick favorites at all?

Seriously its all the same thing. This is like geek sports. This is where we pick our team and root for them, and if the other guys faltering boosts our team's position, then we root for that too. Me, I'm rooting for Nintendo. ;-)

Its also the same with processors and video cards. You have the AMD crowd who roots against Intel, you have the Nvidia guys who root against ATI, etc.

Especially once you have invested your money in a particular console, you have a vested interest in seeing your company do well, because that also means more games will come your way.

Why do you think they call them the "Console Wars"?

locherbread

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006

Why does a sports enthusiast root for a specific team and root against the other? Why do Chevy drivers hate Ford? Why do we pick favorites at all?

Seriously its all the same thing. This is like geek sports. This is where we pick our team and root for them, and if the other guys faltering boosts our team's position, then we root for that too. Me, I'm rooting for Nintendo. ;-)

Its also the same with processors and video cards. You have the AMD crowd who roots against Intel, you have the Nvidia guys who root against ATI, etc.

Especially once you have invested your money in a particular console, you have a vested interest in seeing your company do well, because that also means more games will come your way.

Why do you think they call them the "Console Wars"?

Oh I get your point, but It's all one rooting for the other cpu/gpu/console, but alot of people feel the need to spout vile, bellitling, basically slandereous garbage at the other console/gpu/cpu they do not like ;-)

whats wrong with friendly banter.... :wink: