Sign in with
Your question

SCREWED BY UBISOFT!

Last response: in Video Games
April 24, 2007 11:52:22 PM

I just bought splinter cell double agent only to find that it doesn't work with my 8800gts even though on their website at the system requirements[/img] lab section it says my computer meets the system requirements.

I called the ubisoft tech support line and they say they can't help me and are working on the problem with 8800 cards then when I asked for a refund they wouldn't give me one and of course no store allows you to return opened PC games so basically i'm screwed. The game has been out for 5 months and they haven't fixed the problem so i'm guessing they never will.

More about : screwed ubisoft

April 25, 2007 12:58:18 AM

Which Windows do you have?
April 25, 2007 1:00:54 PM

The game is a buggy piece of crappola console port, if you have an x360, rent it lol.
Related resources
April 25, 2007 4:23:18 PM

Im with Stemnin. Just hire it out if you have a 360. If you dont, hire out the console $50 deposit + $10 a night. Or borrow from a friend.

I finished that game in 2 days when i hired it. Was really disappointed at the length of the game, but overall it was a great experience :D 

If no 360 available or you dont want to hire one. Bug Ubifags to death. New video card drivers should also help to fix the problems as they tend to optomise new games with the hardware.
April 25, 2007 8:56:18 PM

i tend to not be able to stand ported games, they feel so out of touch when played on a pc
April 25, 2007 10:05:36 PM

windows xp home
April 27, 2007 9:32:13 PM

same thing happened to me.. :( 
i feel for you
April 28, 2007 10:55:06 PM

Quote:
I just bought splinter cell double agent only to find that it doesn't work with my 8800gts even though on their website at the system requirements lab section it says my computer meets the system requirements.

I called the ubisoft tech support line and they say they can't help me and are working on the problem with 8800 cards then when I asked for a refund they wouldn't give me one and of course no store allows you to return opened PC games so basically i'm screwed. The game has been out for 5 months and they haven't fixed the problem so i'm guessing they never will.
[/img]

:(  I feel sorry for you, I've had similar problems with other games.
May 1, 2007 5:55:09 PM

What are you talking about?

I played through the game with my 8800GTS on XP with no problems. Just go to the UBISoft forums and post your issue there. The game definitely works on 8800 cards.
May 4, 2007 1:10:10 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about?

I played through the game with my 8800GTS on XP with no problems. Just go to the UBISoft forums and post your issue there. The game definitely works on 8800 cards.

Can you give me a link to where you found a solution or tell me how you got it to work. I haven't seen any solutions.
!