saving a microsoft office cv as a ms word document

I have written my cv using microsoft office and can not submit it to topdogs because it says it is not a ms word document, how do i do this?
6 answers Last reply
More about saving microsoft office word document

    MS Office programs use the following file-name extensions:
    Excel: *.xls
    Power Point: *.ppt
    Access: *.mdb
    Publisher: *.pub
    Project: *.mpp
    Visio: *.vsp
    Front Page: several, including HTML and XML
    Word: *.doc

    Yep -- the topdogs are correct -- a "cv" is not an MS Office file-name
    extension.

    steve

    "Bobby Q" <Bobby Q@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have written my cv using microsoft office and can not submit it to
    topdogs because it says it is not a ms word document, how do i do this?

    Check with the gurus in the Office and/or Word newsgroups.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service
    "Bobby Q" <Bobby Q@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have written my cv using microsoft office and can not submit it to
    topdogs because it says it is not a ms word document, how do i do
    this?

    "Bobby Q" <Bobby Q@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have written my cv using microsoft office and can not submit it to
    topdogs because it says it is not a ms word document, how do i do this?

    http://filext.com/

    indicates that the extension CV is for Microsoft Code View Information. If
    you have Office, why not use Word and save you information as a *.doc. BTW,
    how did you create a *.cv file?

    Don

    "Bobby Q" <Bobby Q@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have written my cv using microsoft office and can not submit it to
    topdogs because it says it is not a ms word document, how do i do this?

    Which component of Office did you use to write your CV?
    Have you in fact got Microsoft WORKS and NOT Office?

    I have just done exactly the same. However, I have Windows XP and Microsoft
    Works (is works word processor not WORD). Surely I don't have to get MS word
    to get things filed as Word.doc?

    "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have just done exactly the same. However, I have Windows XP and
    >Microsoft
    > Works (is works word processor not WORD). Surely I don't have to get MS
    > word
    > to get things filed as Word.doc?

    If you go to File and Save As, you should be able to save in Word format.
    I've found, though, that if you create a file with a lot of fancy font
    formatting, sometimes the "save as" chokes because of the difference in the
    way Works builds a page and the way Word does. Or, you may end up with a
    huge Word file.

    There's nothing wrong with using Works if you like it and you don't need to
    share files with anyone. But the problem you might run into is that when you
    save that file in Word, you're still looking at it in Works. There's a
    chance something might end up looking weird in Word. You might want to talk
    to a friend who has Word and make sure that your files still look the way
    they're supposed to.

Microsoft Word Document Office Windows XP