User accounts

Last week I had just one user on my computer,
named "Administrator". I then opened two other user
accounts and made one of them the administrator. I then
erased the original user account, named "Administrator".
Now I have the lost all of the information and downloads
I had in that account. I restored my system to a date
before the change, but my computer says that there are no
changes to be made. How can I get that account back or
at least the information I had???? I tried making
another account with the same name to see if I could
restore it, but it says that there already is an account
named "Administrator".
2 answers Last reply
More about user accounts

    Hi,

    Administrator is default system account which you can't create or delete it. Resart the system and when the XP login screen appears press ctrl + alt + del keys you will get clasical login screen which allow you to type your user name and password. Try login as administrator and check whether you have all your settings.

    All the best

    Regards

    Ravickumar M

    "Lizette" wrote:

    > Last week I had just one user on my computer,
    > named "Administrator". I then opened two other user
    > accounts and made one of them the administrator. I then
    > erased the original user account, named "Administrator".
    > Now I have the lost all of the information and downloads
    > I had in that account. I restored my system to a date
    > before the change, but my computer says that there are no
    > changes to be made. How can I get that account back or
    > at least the information I had???? I tried making
    > another account with the same name to see if I could
    > restore it, but it says that there already is an account
    > named "Administrator".

    Are you using XPpro or XPhome?
    In XPpro, Ravickumar's advice is correct, in XPhome you have to boot to
    "Safe Mode" and from there copy your needed files to some other directory
    on your disk.

    Also, you could log in as the newly created user (the one with admin rights)
    and search your disk for these "lost" files you want. When you find them,
    copy them somewhere else (nowhere starting with "My ....") There might be a
    need to "Take ownership" of these files, but I don't remember the procedure
    for that....

    As an aside, I don't think it is possible to really erase/delete the inbuilt
    "Administrator" account. It just won't be an option to login with that
    userID after creating ordinary users on the machine

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Lizette" <LaInolvi3dable@yahoo.com> kirjoitti viestissä
    > Last week I had just one user on my computer,
    > named "Administrator". I then opened two other user
    > accounts and made one of them the administrator. I then
    > erased the original user account, named "Administrator".
    > Now I have the lost all of the information and downloads
    > I had in that account. I restored my system to a date
    > before the change, but my computer says that there are no
    > changes to be made. How can I get that account back or
    > at least the information I had???? I tried making
    > another account with the same name to see if I could
    > restore it, but it says that there already is an account
    > named "Administrator".

Computers Microsoft User Accounts Windows XP