New Local digital service maps for Kentucy

If you enter the zipcode into the vzm plans selector, the local
digital map now shows new coverage in eastern ky, but thus far the
america's choice has not changed..WILL IT CHANGE TOO??
4 answers Last reply
More about local digital service maps kentucy

    If you put in zip code 42301 and select A/C plans and then coverage, a large
    section of central KY is now light pink (analog coverage) indicating covered
    under A/C.

    "plane" <plane@usa.com> wrote in message
    > If you enter the zipcode into the vzm plans selector, the local
    > digital map now shows new coverage in eastern ky, but thus far the
    > america's choice has not changed..WILL IT CHANGE TOO??

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 13:08:16 -0500, "jds456" <w@ccc.com> chose to add this
    to the great equation of life, the universe, and everything:

    >If you put in zip code 42301 and select A/C plans and then coverage, a large
    >section of central KY is now light pink (analog coverage) indicating covered
    >under A/C.

    Light pink does not mean analog, it means Extended Network (i.e., roaming
    on another carrier, but you don't pay roaming).

    http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
    "We'd do anything for each other. We'd even cut each other's throats for
    each other." - Sam Goldwyn

    If you read the A/C map the dark red reads as A/C all digital home airtime
    rate area. The light pink and Dark Red are listed on the second line as A/C
    home airtime rate area. The only difference being the word digital on the
    line with just the dark red.

    I read that as meaning that the light pink is analog since it is not in the
    digital area.

    I personally have never been to a lite pink area that was digital. If you
    know of an area like that, please let me know.

    On Wed, 12 May 2004 17:48:34 -0500, "jds456" <w@ccc.com> wrote:

    >I read that as meaning that the light pink is analog since it is not in the
    >digital area.

    You would be correct -- VZW's partner carriers in the pink area in KY
    (Bluegrass Cellular and Ramcell) aren't running CDMA yet, so VZW
    customers roam on their analog. Both *are* going CDMA, though, so
    they will turn dark red eventually. :)

    -SC
    --
    Stanley Cline -- sc1 at roamer1 dot org -- http://www.roamer1.org/
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might

Verizon Internet Service Providers