drive letters

can someone tell me if you can change your drive letters on xp home? I use to be able to change them on 98 and me through device mgr. but you can't do that in xp. thanks in advance.

SKIPPER

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2004

Hi ... Yes you can ... go to computer management and then to disk management
, there you will see your drive letters ... if you need more help in how to
find it just ask again

"moondog" <moondog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can someone tell me if you can change your drive letters on xp home? I use
to be able to change them on 98 and me through device mgr. but you can't do
that in xp. thanks in advance.

Yes you can. Start->Run diskmgmt.msc
RClick on partition you want to change letter for.....
(CanNOT change on system disk though)

--
Tumppi
Reply to group

"moondog" <moondog@discussions.microsoft.com> kirjoitti viestissä
> can someone tell me if you can change your drive letters on xp home? I use
to be able to change them on 98 and me through device mgr. but you can't do
that in xp. thanks in advance.

Hey! it worked thanks for the help!