installed dual os in a pc.

Hope anybody could help me, before this i had a win xp pro installed in my new pc, then i just bought a new hard disk to be added in the system. The hard disk is unformatted, so i decided to use the xp cd to create a partition on that hard disk and later on format it. But i accidentally choose to install a windows xp (try to stop it but i believe it is irreversible), so that makes my system a dual os system which requires me to choose one of the windows xp's everytime when i turn on the pc. so i decided to use the windows xp cd again to delete the partition of the second windows xp installed on my new hdd, but still there is the option of choosing the os's. hope anybody could tell me a way to restore the system back to the initial condition, thanks

P4 2.8e, 865 mobo, 512mb ram,

jr

Click Start/Control panel/system/startup and recovery
Click edit and edit your boot.ini by removing the
unwanted OS.... Carefull make sure you delete the right
one !

Hi,

Start/run msconfig

Go to the boot.ini tab, click on the listing you want to keep and then on
"set as default" is it is available (if not, then it already is the default
and you can skip this step). Then click on "check all boot paths" and you
should be offered to remove the entry that is no longer valid.

Next time you add a drive, just physically install it, make sure the BIOS
see it, then load WinXP and start/run diskmgmt.msc and use this tool to
partition and format the drive for use.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"tydell" <tydell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hope anybody could help me, before this i had a win xp pro installed in my
new pc, then i just bought a new hard disk to be added in the system. The
hard disk is unformatted, so i decided to use the xp cd to create a
partition on that hard disk and later on format it. But i accidentally
choose to install a windows xp (try to stop it but i believe it is
irreversible), so that makes my system a dual os system which requires me to
choose one of the windows xp's everytime when i turn on the pc. so i decided
to use the windows xp cd again to delete the partition of the second windows
xp installed on my new hdd, but still there is the option of choosing the
os's. hope anybody could tell me a way to restore the system back to the
initial condition, thanks

> P4 2.8e, 865 mobo, 512mb ram,

Hi,
Thanks a lot Rick. That really helps. Thanks again.