Manhattan service deteriorating rapidly?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
May 10, 2004 2:06:26 AM

I've had my VX4400 checked out twice now. It's about one year old. Once
they upgraded the firmware. Next the "fixed" a problem they said they
found around inappropriate swtiching from digital to analog.

All of this supposedly "fixed" my recent experiences in Manhattan,
mostly the upper west side, of dropped calls and broken up voice
receptions. One day I dropped 4 calls in a row in the west eighties.

Either it's my phone....or....it's Verizon cells getting overloaded and
dropping calls etc.

Is anyone else having problems?

TIA

Louise
Anonymous
May 10, 2004 6:18:06 PM

In article <MPG.1b08adafe94d3a1d9896ad@news.newsguy.com>, none@nospam.com
says...
>I've had my VX4400 checked out twice now. It's about one year old. Once
>they upgraded the firmware. Next the "fixed" a problem they said they
>found around inappropriate swtiching from digital to analog.
>All of this supposedly "fixed" my recent experiences in Manhattan,
>mostly the upper west side, of dropped calls and broken up voice
>receptions. One day I dropped 4 calls in a row in the west eighties.
>Either it's my phone....or....it's Verizon cells getting overloaded and
>dropping calls etc.

Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.
-----------------
Alex
May 10, 2004 6:21:42 PM

On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:18:06 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <adr5@columbia.edu>
wrote:

>In article <MPG.1b08adafe94d3a1d9896ad@news.newsguy.com>, none@nospam.com
>says...
>>I've had my VX4400 checked out twice now. It's about one year old. Once
>>they upgraded the firmware. Next the "fixed" a problem they said they
>>found around inappropriate swtiching from digital to analog.
>>All of this supposedly "fixed" my recent experiences in Manhattan,
>>mostly the upper west side, of dropped calls and broken up voice
>>receptions. One day I dropped 4 calls in a row in the west eighties.
>>Either it's my phone....or....it's Verizon cells getting overloaded and
>>dropping calls etc.
>
>Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
>to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.

Worse is all relative. Yes, Verizon is better but I've found Sprint to
be completely acceptable. I get more dropped calls and lack of signal
strength with Sprint but far, far from unacceptable. You remember the
few instances.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 8:30:57 AM

"Alex Rodriguez" <adr5@columbia.edu> wrote in message
> In article <MPG.1b08adafe94d3a1d9896ad@news.newsguy.com>, none@nospam.com
> says...

> Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
> to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.
> -----------------
> Alex

I very highly disagree with this statement. I've had Sprint for 4+ years now
and just moved to NYC in August '03. I get more than excellent service all
around manhattan and the rest of the city.
Anonymous
May 11, 2004 4:29:42 PM

In article <70iv90h40u0f8t8ed91agp21ha1tp8a11r@4ax.com>,
lawSPAMyer@newsS_PA_Mguy.com says...

>>Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
>>to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.
>
>Worse is all relative. Yes, Verizon is better but I've found Sprint to
>be completely acceptable. I get more dropped calls and lack of signal
>strength with Sprint but far, far from unacceptable. You remember the
>few instances.

I found Sprint to be unacceptable, in Manhattan at least. Outside of
Manhattan, Sprint was fine.
Alex
!