Manhattan service deteriorating rapidly?

I've had my VX4400 checked out twice now. It's about one year old. Once
they upgraded the firmware. Next the "fixed" a problem they said they
found around inappropriate swtiching from digital to analog.

All of this supposedly "fixed" my recent experiences in Manhattan,
mostly the upper west side, of dropped calls and broken up voice
receptions. One day I dropped 4 calls in a row in the west eighties.

Either it's my phone....or....it's Verizon cells getting overloaded and
dropping calls etc.

Is anyone else having problems?

TIA

Louise
4 answers Last reply
More about manhattan service deteriorating rapidly

    In article <MPG.1b08adafe94d3a1d9896ad@news.newsguy.com>, none@nospam.com
    says...
    >I've had my VX4400 checked out twice now. It's about one year old. Once
    >they upgraded the firmware. Next the "fixed" a problem they said they
    >found around inappropriate swtiching from digital to analog.
    >All of this supposedly "fixed" my recent experiences in Manhattan,
    >mostly the upper west side, of dropped calls and broken up voice
    >receptions. One day I dropped 4 calls in a row in the west eighties.
    >Either it's my phone....or....it's Verizon cells getting overloaded and
    >dropping calls etc.

    Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
    to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.
    -----------------
    Alex

    On Mon, 10 May 2004 14:18:06 -0400, Alex Rodriguez <adr5@columbia.edu>
    wrote:

    >In article <MPG.1b08adafe94d3a1d9896ad@news.newsguy.com>, none@nospam.com
    >says...
    >>I've had my VX4400 checked out twice now. It's about one year old. Once
    >>they upgraded the firmware. Next the "fixed" a problem they said they
    >>found around inappropriate swtiching from digital to analog.
    >>All of this supposedly "fixed" my recent experiences in Manhattan,
    >>mostly the upper west side, of dropped calls and broken up voice
    >>receptions. One day I dropped 4 calls in a row in the west eighties.
    >>Either it's my phone....or....it's Verizon cells getting overloaded and
    >>dropping calls etc.
    >
    >Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
    >to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.

    Worse is all relative. Yes, Verizon is better but I've found Sprint to
    be completely acceptable. I get more dropped calls and lack of signal
    strength with Sprint but far, far from unacceptable. You remember the
    few instances.

    "Alex Rodriguez" <adr5@columbia.edu> wrote in message
    > In article <MPG.1b08adafe94d3a1d9896ad@news.newsguy.com>, none@nospam.com
    > says...

    > Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
    > to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.
    > -----------------
    > Alex

    I very highly disagree with this statement. I've had Sprint for 4+ years now
    and just moved to NYC in August '03. I get more than excellent service all
    around manhattan and the rest of the city.

    In article <70iv90h40u0f8t8ed91agp21ha1tp8a11r@4ax.com>,
    lawSPAMyer@newsS_PA_Mguy.com says...

    >>Nothing really bad. I would add that you don't want to consider switching
    >>to Sprint. In Manhattan Sprint is much worse.
    >
    >Worse is all relative. Yes, Verizon is better but I've found Sprint to
    >be completely acceptable. I get more dropped calls and lack of signal
    >strength with Sprint but far, far from unacceptable. You remember the
    >few instances.

    I found Sprint to be unacceptable, in Manhattan at least. Outside of
    Manhattan, Sprint was fine.
    Alex

Verizon Firmware Internet Service Providers