Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

My laptop stop responding after wireless connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
August 3, 2004 3:54:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

I'm new in the wireless world so please help me as far as possible.
i have an tornado 211g (802.11g) in my laptop and a netgear wg311 pci card
in my pc in ad hoc mode.
i use the utilities from the cards to control them not windows XP.
i made a simple no wep security or nothing else ssid but no joy.
Heeelllppppppppp mmmeeeeeee

the laptop immediately after the connection stop responding even though i
read that i have excelent signal.
the pc is ok with excelent signal too. I have put in both of them ip
adresses.
i'm gonna smash them. Please help me
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 1:12:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

After some reading from the posts of the gurus here i fix the not responding
part on my laptop.
I can connect now but only at 11 mbps between netgear wg311(58mbps) and
tornado pcmcia
211g(108mbps) even though i force them to work at 58 mbps. Any suggestions
please?
I'm planning to return the tornado and get an netgear wg511T (108mbps) and a
netgear
router wgt624 for maximum perfomance and compatibility. Am i thinking right
(if you can responce quickly i'll be a huppy person because i plan to buy
them tomorrow)
TIA


Ï "Kostas M" <kmarinis@hotmail.gr> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
news:1091480079.567536@athnrd02...
>
> I'm new in the wireless world so please help me as far as possible.
> i have an tornado 211g (802.11g) in my laptop and a netgear wg311 pci card
> in my pc in ad hoc mode.
> i use the utilities from the cards to control them not windows XP.
> i made a simple no wep security or nothing else ssid but no joy.
> Heeelllppppppppp mmmeeeeeee
>
> the laptop immediately after the connection stop responding even though i
> read that i have excelent signal.
> the pc is ok with excelent signal too. I have put in both of them ip
> adresses.
> i'm gonna smash them. Please help me
>
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
August 4, 2004 1:12:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Try changing the channels for increased speeds. There is no need to
spend money needlessly if your current equipment is operable. What
make and model is your current router? I cannot speak for the wg311,
but I can speak for the WG511T card. It is awesome with outstanding
range and speed. It is also compatible with WPA-PSK (AES and TKIP).
I don't have the WGR624 and I really don't need it. I am currently
using the Belkin F5D7230-4 as an access point. Together, they are
very fast.

On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:12:09 +0300, "Kostas M" <kmarinis@hotmail.gr>
wrote:

>After some reading from the posts of the gurus here i fix the not responding
>part on my laptop.
>I can connect now but only at 11 mbps between netgear wg311(58mbps) and
>tornado pcmcia
>211g(108mbps) even though i force them to work at 58 mbps. Any suggestions
>please?
>I'm planning to return the tornado and get an netgear wg511T (108mbps) and a
>netgear
>router wgt624 for maximum perfomance and compatibility. Am i thinking right
>(if you can responce quickly i'll be a huppy person because i plan to buy
>them tomorrow)
>TIA
>
>
>Ï "Kostas M" <kmarinis@hotmail.gr> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
>news:1091480079.567536@athnrd02...
>>
>> I'm new in the wireless world so please help me as far as possible.
>> i have an tornado 211g (802.11g) in my laptop and a netgear wg311 pci card
>> in my pc in ad hoc mode.
>> i use the utilities from the cards to control them not windows XP.
>> i made a simple no wep security or nothing else ssid but no joy.
>> Heeelllppppppppp mmmeeeeeee
>>
>> the laptop immediately after the connection stop responding even though i
>> read that i have excelent signal.
>> the pc is ok with excelent signal too. I have put in both of them ip
>> adresses.
>> i'm gonna smash them. Please help me
>>
>>
>>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
August 5, 2004 3:13:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.internet.wireless (More info?)

Thank you Doug for the reply.
The speed problem is related to the wg311 v1 because when i plug wg311 v2 i
had immediatelly
54 mbps with 211g. I plug (wg311 v1) it on another machine and get the same
(speed 11 mbps).
I'll try to return it even though i got it for 4 months. Do i have a chance
on this? i'll say that they don't
operate as avertised (install new drivers too but the same)
As for the router i don't have one thats why i ask for wgr624(i read good
previews). Till now i had 2 wg311 v1
that could'nt connect in ad-hoc mode with 15 meters between them.



? "Doug Jamal" <unimportantbishiv6atyahoodotcom@yahoo.com> ?????? ??? ??????
news:n1pvg05bpqqv735oqgb8nknfrp9qimh49g@4ax.com...
>
> Try changing the channels for increased speeds. There is no need to
> spend money needlessly if your current equipment is operable. What
> make and model is your current router? I cannot speak for the wg311,
> but I can speak for the WG511T card. It is awesome with outstanding
> range and speed. It is also compatible with WPA-PSK (AES and TKIP).
> I don't have the WGR624 and I really don't need it. I am currently
> using the Belkin F5D7230-4 as an access point. Together, they are
> very fast.
>
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004 21:12:09 +0300, "Kostas M" <kmarinis@hotmail.gr>
> wrote:
>
> >After some reading from the posts of the gurus here i fix the not
responding
> >part on my laptop.
> >I can connect now but only at 11 mbps between netgear wg311(58mbps) and
> >tornado pcmcia
> >211g(108mbps) even though i force them to work at 58 mbps. Any
suggestions
> >please?
> >I'm planning to return the tornado and get an netgear wg511T (108mbps)
and a
> >netgear
> >router wgt624 for maximum perfomance and compatibility. Am i thinking
right
> >(if you can responce quickly i'll be a huppy person because i plan to buy
> >them tomorrow)
> >TIA
> >
> >
> >Ï "Kostas M" <kmarinis@hotmail.gr> Ýãñáøå óôï ìÞíõìá
> >news:1091480079.567536@athnrd02...
> >>
> >> I'm new in the wireless world so please help me as far as possible.
> >> i have an tornado 211g (802.11g) in my laptop and a netgear wg311 pci
card
> >> in my pc in ad hoc mode.
> >> i use the utilities from the cards to control them not windows XP.
> >> i made a simple no wep security or nothing else ssid but no joy.
> >> Heeelllppppppppp mmmeeeeeee
> >>
> >> the laptop immediately after the connection stop responding even though
i
> >> read that i have excelent signal.
> >> the pc is ok with excelent signal too. I have put in both of them ip
> >> adresses.
> >> i'm gonna smash them. Please help me
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
>
!