location of temp internet files/pictures

I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?

THX
4 answers Last reply
More about location temp internet files pictures

    Greetings.

    Make sure you are bale to view hideen folders by double clicking on My
    Computer--select tools--select folder options--click on View Tab--click on
    Show Hidden Files and Folders. Once you have done this, right click on the
    start button--click on Explore. For the user that is logged in, click on
    Local Settings in the pane on the left. You should then see Temporary
    Internet Files folder.

    Will

    "jrod" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
    > site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
    > jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?
    >
    > THX

    Hi,

    Yes, the function is similar, look under:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "jrod" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
    > site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
    > jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?
    >
    > THX

    scratch the hidden files folders part. wrong post

    Will

    "Will" <will@nothere.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings.
    >
    > Make sure you are bale to view hideen folders by double clicking on My
    > Computer--select tools--select folder options--click on View Tab--click on
    > Show Hidden Files and Folders. Once you have done this, right click on
    the
    > start button--click on Explore. For the user that is logged in, click on
    > Local Settings in the pane on the left. You should then see Temporary
    > Internet Files folder.
    >
    > Will
    >
    > "jrod" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
    > > site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
    > > jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?
    > >
    > > THX

    some files will be in C:\Documents and Settings\<log in user name>\Local
    Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    others would be in directory C:\Documents and Settings\<log in user
    name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5

    the content.ie5 folder may not be visible ....... try to open the path by
    typing it in the address bar

    "jrod" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
    > site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
    > jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?
    >
    > THX

Windows XP Microsoft Internet