location of temp internet files/pictures

July 20, 2004 8:44:42 PM

I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?

THX
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:22:17 AM

Greetings.

Make sure you are bale to view hideen folders by double clicking on My
Computer--select tools--select folder options--click on View Tab--click on
Show Hidden Files and Folders. Once you have done this, right click on the
start button--click on Explore. For the user that is logged in, click on
Local Settings in the pane on the left. You should then see Temporary
Internet Files folder.

Will

"jrod" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
> site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
> jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?
>
> THX
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 1:24:39 AM

Hi,

Yes, the function is similar, look under:
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"jrod" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
> site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
> jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?
>
> THX
July 21, 2004 1:39:52 AM

scratch the hidden files folders part. wrong post

Will

"Will" <will@nothere.com> wrote in message
news:o KX7pEsbEHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Greetings.
>
> Make sure you are bale to view hideen folders by double clicking on My
> Computer--select tools--select folder options--click on View Tab--click on
> Show Hidden Files and Folders. Once you have done this, right click on
the
> start button--click on Explore. For the user that is logged in, click on
> Local Settings in the pane on the left. You should then see Temporary
> Internet Files folder.
>
> Will
>
> "jrod" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've just switched from WIN98 to XP. When viewing a web
> > site does XP automatically download and store gif's and
> > jpeg's like WIN98 does??? If so where does it put them?
> >
> > THX

Anonymous
July 21, 2004 2:57:42 PM

some files will be in C:\Documents and Settings\<log in user name>\Local
Settings\Temporary Internet Files
others would be in directory C:\Documents and Settings\<log in user
name>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\content.ie5

the content.ie5 folder may not be visible ....... try to open the path by
typing it in the address bar

!