A valid E-Mail address

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

I recently purchased from Hewlett Packard an HP Pavilion a650y Pentium=4 complete system (CPU, Monitor, Printer). I especially ordered (and paid for) it to have "Windows XP Professional" as the operating system. When I unpacked all of the boxes and set the system up I found that it did NOT have an original operating system CD in the box (unlike every other system I have purchased). This concerns me as I have lost hard drives before on other systems and had to reload operating systems from the ground up. I have been trying to find a valid E-Mail address at Hewlett Packard that I can send a regular (Outlook) E-Mail to as a request for this disk be sent to me. Does anyone know a valid E-Mail address for the HP's Support Center? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Chuck

Your HP has a utility that will enable you to make a backup set of CDs from
the Restore Partition on the HDD. Time to read the manual....

Bobby

"Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently purchased from Hewlett Packard an HP Pavilion a650y Pentium=4
>complete system (CPU, Monitor, Printer). I especially ordered (and paid
>for) it to have "Windows XP Professional" as the operating system. When I
>unpacked all of the boxes and set the system up I found that it did NOT
>have an original operating system CD in the box (unlike every other system
>I have purchased). This concerns me as I have lost hard drives before on
>other systems and had to reload operating systems from the ground up. I
>have been trying to find a valid E-Mail address at Hewlett Packard that I
>can send a regular (Outlook) E-Mail to as a request for this disk be sent
>to me. Does anyone know a valid E-Mail address for the HP's Support
>Center? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
>
> Chuck

Mike

Splendid

Your new computer will have a hidden partition that contains all XP
installation files.. read the printed material that was supplied or look for
an icon on the desktop that links to recovery information..

"Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I recently purchased from Hewlett Packard an HP Pavilion a650y Pentium=4
complete system (CPU, Monitor, Printer). I especially ordered (and paid
for) it to have "Windows XP Professional" as the operating system. When I
unpacked all of the boxes and set the system up I found that it did NOT have
an original operating system CD in the box (unlike every other system I have
purchased). This concerns me as I have lost hard drives before on other
systems and had to reload operating systems from the ground up. I have been
trying to find a valid E-Mail address at Hewlett Packard that I can send a
regular (Outlook) E-Mail to as a request for this disk be sent to me. Does
anyone know a valid E-Mail address for the HP's Support Center? Thank you
in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

> Chuck

Hi

Have you tried here:

http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
"Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D428E9B-24FF-44FB-8B1A-6C0EC177669D@microsoft.com...
>I recently purchased from Hewlett Packard an HP Pavilion a650y Pentium=4 complete system (CPU, Monitor, Printer). I especially ordered (and paid for) it to have "Windows XP Professional" as the operating system. When I unpacked all of the boxes and set the system up I found that it did NOT have an original operating system CD in the box (unlike every other system I have purchased). This concerns me as I have lost hard drives before on other systems and had to reload operating systems from the ground up. I have been trying to find a valid E-Mail address at Hewlett Packard that I can send a regular (Outlook) E-Mail to as a request for this disk be sent to me. Does anyone know a valid E-Mail address for the HP's Support Center? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
>
> Chuck

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Hi Will,
Yes I tried this site. Followed the online instructions, composed an E-Mail to them and when it was time to "SUBMIT" the E-Mail was told that the page was unavaliable and the E-Mail was not sent. I did this 3-times on 3 different days. I guess my only option is there "Live chat support". I have used this option on a couple of other tech questions however, as a rule I have found that their help often causes more additional problems than the original issue. Also when they tell you that they will E-Mail you information, don't believe it. The only thing that they seem interested in is E-Mailing me ad's to buy new products.

Thank you anyway for your help, -Chuck

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Have you tried here:
>
> http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact_us.html
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
> "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D428E9B-24FF-44FB-8B1A-6C0EC177669D@microsoft.com...
> >I recently purchased from Hewlett Packard an HP Pavilion a650y Pentium=4 complete system (CPU, Monitor, Printer). I especially ordered (and paid for) it to have "Windows XP Professional" as the operating system. When I unpacked all of the boxes and set the system up I found that it did NOT have an original operating system CD in the box (unlike every other system I have purchased). This concerns me as I have lost hard drives before on other systems and had to reload operating systems from the ground up. I have been trying to find a valid E-Mail address at Hewlett Packard that I can send a regular (Outlook) E-Mail to as a request for this disk be sent to me. Does anyone know a valid E-Mail address for the HP's Support Center? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
> >
> > Chuck

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

Just an update to my original question.
I do know of course about the ability to create a set of recovery CD's. This however is not what I looking for. I went ahead and opened up a live chat with an HP Service Represenative. They in turn directed me to call a number (800) 474-6836. Upon calling this number and describing my problem to them and having them verify my equipment numbers and valid support they informed me that can send me out the complete set of original Windows XP Professional install CD's with the manual. I was informed by the service rep that they no longer include these CD's with the system so as to save on cost. The ONLY way a person can get these CD's from them is to call in via telephone and personally request them to be sent you. They will send them out at NO COST to you within two working days.
Thank's again to all who responded with helpful ideas. :) Chuck

"Chuck" wrote:

> I recently purchased from Hewlett Packard an HP Pavilion a650y Pentium=4 complete system (CPU, Monitor, Printer). I especially ordered (and paid for) it to have "Windows XP Professional" as the operating system. When I unpacked all of the boxes and set the system up I found that it did NOT have an original operating system CD in the box (unlike every other system I have purchased). This concerns me as I have lost hard drives before on other systems and had to reload operating systems from the ground up. I have been trying to find a valid E-Mail address at Hewlett Packard that I can send a regular (Outlook) E-Mail to as a request for this disk be sent to me. Does anyone know a valid E-Mail address for the HP's Support Center? Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to provide.
>
> Chuck

I'd be interested to find out if they're actual installable CDs or recovery
CDs. Not that I'd buy an HP, but I'm curious anyway.