Audio problem on Omnibook 4150 (Neomagic)

I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have had for some
time with my Omnibook 4150. During playback of mp3 files using either
WinAmp or other mp3 players and also during playback of DVDs using
PowerDVD the audio driver appears to crash and the sound of the mp3 file
or dvd is replaced by a sort of loud distorted buzzing sound. The audio
card drivers are NeoMagic MagicMedia AV256.
1 answer Last reply
More about audio problem omnibook 4150 neomagic

    Ian wrote:
    > I was wondering if anyone can help me with a problem I have had for
    > some time with my Omnibook 4150. During playback of mp3 files using
    > either WinAmp or other mp3 players and also during playback of DVDs
    > using PowerDVD the audio driver appears to crash and the sound of the
    > mp3 file or dvd is replaced by a sort of loud distorted buzzing
    > sound. The audio card drivers are NeoMagic MagicMedia AV256.

    First reinstall the audio driver and see if that helps. If it is only
    ocurring with mp3 and DVD, you might have a corrupted audio or A/V codec
    or do not have the proper ones installed. If you are running DirectX,
    you might try the audio portion of dxdiag.exe and see if it turns up any
    audio errors that could point to the source of the problem. In the
    audio controls, verify the mapping to devices is correct and that you
    haven't installed an alternative software audio driver that is set as
    the default device for playback.

Hewlett Packard Audio Computers