erik_tilton

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
1. Getting adequate sleep
2. Drinking water and eating nutritious food without it being too nutritious
3. No soda or junk food
4. Being calm and steady even though ppl like to shoot you in the head or kill your units
5. Drink an energy drink after eating, but you don't really have to

That's it pretty much. I hope it will improve your game.

I also find that these tips work even while on the job, during break. It improves your work.

kanoobie

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
I also find that these tips work even while on the job, during break. It improves your work.

Nice list erik_tilton. I would also like to add something: Take a break from gaming when your focus is reduced.

Just like how it is important to take breaks from work sometimes, I think it is also important to take some breaks from gaming (No! Eating and going to the bathroom don't count :lol: ). When you notice your focus fading after long periods of being in "the zone", you should just take a break from gaming. Even though you could just sit in front of the TV, there are better ways to rest (preferably something that does not involve looking at a fixed position like a monitor or a screen for long periods of time).

Since we are sitting down nearly all the time while we are gaming, it is important to do some activity that does not involve sitting. I find going to the gym gives me more focus for my daily activities and also improves my focus for gaming. Having a comfortable chair to sit on is very important also, especially if you suffer from back pain, because if you are comfortable you can focus more on the game you are playing and less on changing the position in which you sit in.

robwright

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2006
Interesting list. One thing I'll add is eye drops. Your eyes can get seriously dry staring at a monitor for hours on end.

Oddly enough, I discovered that a lot of pro gamers (yes, they exist) don't like the energy drinks, at least when they're playing, because it makes them too jittery and amped up and they tend to lose focus.

Flakes

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Interesting list. One thing I'll add is eye drops. Your eyes can get seriously dry staring at a monitor for hours on end.

Oddly enough, I discovered that a lot of pro gamers (yes, they exist) don't like the energy drinks, at least when they're playing, because it makes them too jittery and amped up and they tend to lose focus.

i would agree with all of this, i found that with energy drinks i team kill alot im so twitchy i just shoot anything and everything that moves, yes i can kill anyone but unfortunatly it also means i get kicked for killing everyone.

TRENDING THREADS