Need advice with old motherboard!!

Talos

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2001
Greetings everyone! I have this second pc setup mainly for DVD-playback on TV. For some time now it refuses to boot. All the leds are flashing, fans spinning, harddisks sound to be working, but no signal to monitor, not a single beep.
I've tried various combinations in order to find out what was causing this troubleshooting. Memory, Snd cards,modems, harddisks,Bios chip on another same type mobo, also tried running the system with the mobo out of it's ATX box, but nothing worked!

"Ok, it's burned, why bothering us", someone might say!

Well, the strange thing is, that last night i've managed to boot it up somehow, by pressing together the start button and reset!It managed to load Windows but system freezed when i tried to run Quake3. I've managed to restart it and get inside BIOS to check tempratures and settings, but both times it freezed. Wasn't able to restart it after that.
Does anyone have an idea of what might be wrong here. It's really odd, isn't it?Any help would be much appreciated!

The system:
mobo: Gigabyte GA-6BXC rev 1.9B (BX440 Chipset)
PIII-450Mhz
160MB RAM
Voodoo3-3500 TV AGP (16MB)
Quantum FireBall 2.1GB
-"- 3.0GB
ISA Sound Card
ISA Modem
ATX 350W box
-----
Windows98

Very odd situation you've got, Its possible for fans to run but still have a problem supplying M/B voltage, because that part of the power supply is on a separate circuit, from everything you've listed checking already, I'd swap out the power supply and the video card. It really seems if the M/B was fried, it would not have responded at all in your later attempts.

Details, Details, Its all in the Details, If you need help, Don't leave out the Details.