system registry

July 21, 2004 3:51:01 PM

im new to backing up and want to back up my registry how do you back-up the whole registry?

More about : system registry

July 21, 2004 4:16:04 PM

Start/Run/type REGEDIT and click OK
Click File/Export and send it to a place wherever you please on your harddrive,
very like to My Documents so you'll know where to find it later if needed.

"tudrussell" wrote:

> im new to backing up and want to back up my registry how do you back-up the whole registry?
Anonymous
July 21, 2004 10:25:28 PM

"Byte" <Byte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| Start/Run/type REGEDIT and click OK
| Click File/Export and send it to a place wherever you please on your
harddrive,
| very like to My Documents so you'll know where to find it later if needed.
|
| "tudrussell" wrote:
|
| > im new to backing up and want to back up my registry how do you back-up
the whole registry?

No offense intended but this is a poor way to backup the registry.

The purpose of a backup is to replace the working copy in the event that it
becomes unusable. The above described method would have to be imported back
into and merged with the current working copy with potentially undesirable
results.

One way to make a backup of the registry is with a restore point. (which
Windows XP does daily with no user intervention)

A good secondary backup plan would be to use ERUNT a free utility available
here.
http://home.t-online.de/home/lars.hederer/erunt/

I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
I was just trying to help.
advice herein.
No warranty is expressed or implied.
Your mileage may vary.
See store for details. :)

Remove shoes to E-mail.
July 22, 2004 1:23:21 AM

"tudrussell" <tudrussell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>im new to backing up and want to back up my registry how do you back-up the whole registry?

If you use System Restore and create a new restore point then the
System Restore data will include a regsitry backup

If you use the Backup utility in Windows XP and choose the Backup
Wizard then the "backup system state" option will include a registry
backup.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

May 17, 2010 12:52:01 PM

Quote:

im new to backing up and want to back up my registry how do you back-up the whole registry?

You can simply use the window registry repair to get back up of all the registry along with the cleaning of unnecessary registry. It will help you to ensures the better performance of the system and also helps to uninstall the undesired information from the registry of window. http://www.windows-registry-repair.org
!