Wii - Nintendo may have just done something VERY cool

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I don't know if the have thought of this but nintendo has just invented the world cheapest motion capture device ever, Take 1 or 2 Wiis and a couple of wiimotes strap them all over your body ie one per limb section so 8 in total for your arms and legs, and maybe for you hands too, then if you can a few more for your torso and then one for your head and what do you have: An affordable motion capture device, all you need to do i beg someone who knows what they are doing to program something like a Maya plugin for you and you can do just about anything. If someone could get back to me on this i would really appreciate it. This would make games VERY easy to make for the relatively well off home user. Brilliant!

Deth

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
I'm not sure if anyone thought of this yet, but Sony may have just made the first super computer for the home user. If you take a thousand PS3 and link them all together in a cluster and find someone smart enough to link them and program them to all work as if they were one computer, you might get some impressive results from it. If someone could get back to me on this I would really appreciate it. This would make games so much fun to play for the home user. Brilliant!

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Yup they are already doing protein folding and they do a years work in about 1 week they are working on Altzheimers, (the most useless waste of time considering how few people have it.) IT's a bit like SETI, but only Slightly more useful, if they would use it to find out something of value it would nice. They say that pretty soon with enough people they will reach a petaflop which has never been done before, so that is petty awesome, unfortunately there is only 1 good game for the ps3 right now, Motor Storm, and it looks crappy if you stop and look closely, but i imagine by the end of the year we will have what we want, though i will stick with my mouse and keyboard. (i dont care if it can use one, i stand by a motherboard over a block of integrated circuitry. Halo 3 will hit the pc eventually so there is no reason to buy an xbox even.

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
Definitely but that does not mean i will not play both. Plus farcry's multi sucks compared to halo 1's so you might end up playing halo 3 more. Crysis might turn out like prey, good once but not worth it the second time (I severely doubt this but you never know)

Deth

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2007
Currently I play Counter-Strike: Source. I hear it's rated the #1 online FPS game? Anyways, My favorite game of all time was Counter-strike 1.6, so CS:S is right up there on my charts. If you want to talk about multiplayer..

I only want Crysis because I spent so much on my system and video card ($650 for the 8800 KO ACS3 version) and I want to make use of it. Crysis will be my answer to that..

Rabidpeanut

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2005
I have a 9600 xt, so you can see my problem, i can't even run current generation games well. You just better hope it runs crysis on FULL cause you will be pretty pissed off if you just bought a new card and it gets killed. I remember what oblivion did to most gpu's, even new ones. It's still doing it to them.