brettski2424

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2004
I was tweaking my system and everything went wrong. I used bootvis to try to speed things up during start up. Then it when i tried to let it restart the computer it would not boot into windows. I can get into safe mode and tried to run system restore. I says its restoring files then when it restarts it still can't get into windows and we start all over.(tried several different system restore points). Any ideas on what i can do. If not do you know where i can find my saved games on far cry and my internet explorer favorites, as well as anything else i might want to bring over(i know where my music etc. is)? Any help would be great.
whats in my system:

athlon xp 2200+
asus a7n8x del.
ati radion 9500 pro
1gb samsug pc3200 dual channel
120gb sata segate hd
XP pro
THANKS,
Brett

peartree

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2001
Reformatting is always a last-resort kind of thing. If you have, indeed, screwed up XP beyond the point of no return, then boot from the install CD and reinstall WITHOUT reformatting or repartitioning the drive. That should do it.

<font color=green>===</font color=green> Never assume <font color=red>ANYTHING</font color=red> <font color=green>====</font color=green>