Recovering an old user profile in WinXP Pro

July 21, 2004 9:54:43 PM

my hard drive with windows crashed recently, i was able
to get it to work as a secondary thinking that i could
possibly recover my pictures documents and such, but every
time i try to open my old user folder i get an access
denied stop error. Does any one have any idea how I might
be able to get into that folder? All of the other folders
from the disk are available, just not that one.

Thanks for any suggestions/help

Chris
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 5:02:09 PM

Hi Chris,

See if the information in this MSKB article (How to take ownership of a file
or folder in Windows XP) is helpful in resolving the problem:

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User