Recovering an old user profile in WinXP Pro

my hard drive with windows crashed recently, i was able
to get it to work as a secondary thinking that i could
possibly recover my pictures documents and such, but every
time i try to open my old user folder i get an access
denied stop error. Does any one have any idea how I might
be able to get into that folder? All of the other folders
from the disk are available, just not that one.

Thanks for any suggestions/help

Chris
1 answer Last reply
More about recovering user profile winxp

    Hi Chris,

    See if the information in this MSKB article (How to take ownership of a file
    or folder in Windows XP) is helpful in resolving the problem:

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "Chris" <smuj@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
    > my hard drive with windows crashed recently, i was able
    > to get it to work as a secondary thinking that i could
    > possibly recover my pictures documents and such, but every
    > time i try to open my old user folder i get an access
    > denied stop error. Does any one have any idea how I might
    > be able to get into that folder? All of the other folders
    > from the disk are available, just not that one.
    >

    > Thanks for any suggestions/help
    >
    > Chris

Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP