Sign in with
Your question

Fallout 3 TEASER video is finally here!!!

Last response: in Video Games
May 4, 2007 3:41:22 PM

The official Fallout 3 site at Bethesda has been recently updated with an announcement of a teaser coming out next month. An image of concept art and a sample of music from Fallout 3 have also been featured on Bethesda's site.
This is just a heads-up for good things to come... (hopefully :)  )

EDIT: The teaser is finally out :!:
Here is a link: http://fallout.bethsoft.com/

Alternative places to see the FO3 trailer: http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.php?s=d7d3e7576...
May 4, 2007 4:23:05 PM

a countdown for a teaser, what ever next...
May 4, 2007 5:50:26 PM

Quote:
a countdown for a teaser, what ever next...

awww, and I thought they might sticky this... :roll:
Related resources
May 4, 2007 8:46:40 PM

OOOOOooOOooOOoOOOOoooooo
Gimme NOW!

(just a little excited about Fallout 3)
May 4, 2007 11:05:49 PM

Quote:
OOOOOooOOooOOoOOOOoooooo
Gimme NOW!

(just a little excited about Fallout 3)

Now that's the kind of response I was waiting for! :wink:

Fallout 3 has quite a legacy to live up to, but hopefully Bethesda will do a good job with this title. It will be using the same graphics engine as Oblivion (more info here http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php?page=fo3-faq) so we know it will look good. Other than a graphics overhaul I am curious about what gameplay adjustments Bethesda will be implementing for Fallout 3.
May 5, 2007 1:17:57 AM

Hopefully a complete and total overhaul.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Oblivion, but I would like to be able to have party members who are worth a damn (Fallout 2) rather than another Ian or Katja (Fallout 1) who would shoot you in the back or burst another party member to shreds randomly.

Oblivion didn't have much of a party, and when there were others with you they generally were more of a liability than a help. That would ideally be corrected in FO3.

I hated the leveling system in Oblivion so that would need to be revamped. I would ideally like something similar to the leveling system of Fallouts 1 and 2.

Also... they need to work on the face textures. It took fan mods to correct the ugly faces in that game.

Finally, character speed would play a MUCH bigger role due to the percentage of ranged enemies, so it should be more exaggerated ideally.

I have a lot of hope for Fallout 3, but I also have a lot of fears about it. I would rather have it come out and be disappointed by it than it not come out at all though. But even though I am anxious for it to come out, I would rather they take their time and do it right than rush it out the door.
May 5, 2007 5:43:03 AM

I have to agree with almost everything you said, almost...
Quote:
Also... they need to work on the face textures. It took fan mods to correct the ugly faces in that game.

Ok, I admit the faces were pretty bad in Oblivion, but that didn't bug me too much. I actually think the ugly look would fit into a post nuclear scenario better.

If Bethesda includes an editor for Fallout, then the gaming community can develop their own mods for the game.

I don't think Bethesda has much incentive to change the leveling system found in the previous fallouts (maybe they can add a few perks).
Edit: But they might have to change the way the game uses perception because a hit is a hit if it is more like a FPS.

If Bethesda decides to include any form of a partying system in Fallout 3, it would have to be a whole lot different than what they attempted to do in some of the quests for Oblivion.

My biggest concern for FO3 would be the combat system. Hopefully, the teaser will give us some insight into some of our questions.
May 7, 2007 5:15:33 PM

Perception could still affect the accuracy of ranged weapons. Just make it so that low perception will randomly fire anywhere within a circle of where you are actually aiming, and really high perception will have limited auto-aim within a circle of where you are aiming.

Alternatively they could just make perception affect the damage of range weapons. You know, if they wanted to be lazy about it.

I like having direct control over my stats and skills progression rather than having to do certain things in order to progress them. I understand why they want to do things that way (Oblivion) but it really just annoys me and causes me to do stupid busywork instead of playing the game.

In Oblivion I spent hours casting crap spells in order to improve my spellcasting. Why can't we just assume your character is practicing during down time (you know, those times that he/she is using the restroom or sleeping... Ok, so your character COULD sleep in Oblivion, but it really was kind of absurdly optional).
May 8, 2007 1:39:49 AM

Quote:
I like having direct control over my stats and skills progression rather than having to do certain things in order to progress them. I understand why they want to do things that way (Oblivion) but it really just annoys me and causes me to do stupid busywork instead of playing the game.

Yeah, raising certain skills at certain times in Oblivion is frustrating and boring to me (this is when I usually slaughter an entire town for no good reason). I definitely wouldn't want to play "Oblivion with guns" or the combat system would probably look something like this: http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/2545/ddfallout3cy2.j...
June 1, 2007 10:10:52 PM

BWAAAA Kanoobie that image is all kinds of funny. :lol: 

I was a bigger fan of Fallout than Fallout 2, but both games are excellent. Part of me is hoping they keep the location around California like the previous two games, but another part of me wants to see the DC area like in the concept art on their site. I'm going to have to dust off the first two and run through them again. I know they work in Vista. ^_^
June 1, 2007 11:43:11 PM

Quote:
BWAAAA Kanoobie that image is all kinds of funny. :lol: 
Glad you liked it. :D 

Although some of the concept art hints that the setting of the game is on the east coast, there is no way of really knowing what to expect. This image for instance has landmarks from various places throughout the U.S. http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=...

I wouldn't mind having to visit this aircraft carrier at some point in my FO3 journey: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=... 8)
June 3, 2007 6:12:33 PM

ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!

I've been waiting for something like this for ages! I loved the first 2.

bring it on i say!

mind you i been reading PCgamer and PC zone magazine this last month, and NOT A PEEP of fallout 3. I thought that they both would have at least mentioned that it was being released at least a month or 2 in advance.

Either that or missed the article.
June 3, 2007 11:13:32 PM

Quote:
ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!!
I thought that they both would have at least mentioned that it was being released at least a month or 2 in advance.

Yes it is "about bloody time!!!"

Just in case everything isn't clear: The Fallout 3 teaser will be released very soon, but the exact date for the actual release of the game has not been mentioned yet.
June 6, 2007 10:18:19 PM

finally found the article on fallout 3 in this months PCZONE.

from what I've read: LIAM NIESSON (shindlers list and amoungst others: star wars episode 1) is to voice one of the NPC's.

should be good to have some actors playing roles in games more often, for example: did you know that Mark Hamil (use the force.......) voiced over an NPC in SOF2?

twas bugging me all the way through the game until i had to kill him, then realised! :lol: 
June 6, 2007 10:36:07 PM

Quote:
from what I've read: LIAM NIESSON (shindlers list and amoungst others: star wars episode 1) is to voice one of the NPC's.

Indeed, Liam Neeson will be in Fallout 3. He will provide the voice of the player's father. Good stuff! Check it out:

http://www.twitchguru.com/fringedrinking/2007/06/fallou...
June 9, 2007 6:54:11 PM

This game should pretty much rule. I loved the concept of stalker. RPG shooters are where its at. i hope fallout 3 will not disappoint. we know that the graphics will be insane (judging by the vid.)
June 11, 2007 7:03:09 PM

What is this game all about?

The trailer looks nice btw :) 
June 12, 2007 1:04:34 AM

This game is an RPG that takes place in a post-nuclear world. Here is a link to the story behind the first fallout game: http://www.nma-fallout.com/content.php?page=fo-about

Bethesda bought the license for Fallout 3 from Interplay, so I am not sure how much the gameplay of Fallout 3 will defer from the older games. The teaser captures the setting of Fallout.
!