Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

want to format and reinstall used dell.
have windows me disc(full version) that came with pc.
have xp upgrade disc(upgrade)that previous owner
purchased.
problem is he has lost the envelope with the cd keys..
arse..
question: i see lots of places selling licensed cd keys
without the disc on pricewatch.com, are these legit?
thank
bob

Bob;
They may or may not be legit.
Buyer beware.
They will only work with a specific type of CD.
If you do not have that type of CD, the key is worthless to you.

If Windows XP is still installed go here:
Near the bottom "View Product Key XP"

For Windows ME, the Product Key should be on a sticker affixed to the
computer.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/