XP can't find scanner

My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after upgrading from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I try to scan, I get
a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
Thanks .........
3 answers Last reply
More about find scanner

    Have you tried uninstalling the scanner, rebooting and then reinstalling the
    scanner again as per the HP instructions? Some scanners are very finicky and
    you need to follow the installation instructions to the letter.

    --

    Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    www.webtree.ca/windowsxp

    "Van" <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after upgrading
    > from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I try
    > to scan, I get
    > a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
    > Thanks .........

    yes i have tried re-installing several times keeps giving me an error message
    as code 19 -- usb unplugged--- or twain error 32 i have a cannon
    cano scan lide 30 have had no luck as of yet
    thanks Van

    "Harry Ohrn" wrote:

    > Have you tried uninstalling the scanner, rebooting and then reinstalling the
    > scanner again as per the HP instructions? Some scanners are very finicky and
    > you need to follow the installation instructions to the letter.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    > www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >

    > "Van" <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after upgrading
    > > from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I try
    > > to scan, I get
    > > a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
    > > Thanks .........

    If your scanner is connected to a USB Hub, try connecting directly to the
    computer and not through the hub.
    --

    Ron P

    Sometimes you're the windshield:)
    Sometimes you're the bug:(

    > yes i have tried re-installing several times keeps giving me an error
    > message
    > as code 19 -- usb unplugged--- or twain error 32 i have a cannon
    > cano scan lide 30 have had no luck as of yet
    > thanks Van
    >
    > "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
    >
    >> Have you tried uninstalling the scanner, rebooting and then reinstalling
    >> the
    >> scanner again as per the HP instructions? Some scanners are very finicky
    >> and
    >> you need to follow the installation instructions to the letter.
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
    >> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
    >>

    >> "Van" <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after
    >> > upgrading
    >> > from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I
    >> > try
    >> > to scan, I get
    >> > a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
    >> > Thanks .........

Scanners Windows XP