Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

XP can't find scanner

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 1:31:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after upgrading from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I try to scan, I get
a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
Thanks .........

More about : find scanner

Anonymous
July 23, 2004 11:49:07 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Have you tried uninstalling the scanner, rebooting and then reinstalling the
scanner again as per the HP instructions? Some scanners are very finicky and
you need to follow the installation instructions to the letter.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp


"Van" <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F4665AEA-1681-4D60-8B72-36231492CCDC@microsoft.com...
> My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after upgrading
> from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I try
> to scan, I get
> a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
> Thanks .........
Anonymous
September 9, 2004 1:29:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

yes i have tried re-installing several times keeps giving me an error message
as code 19 -- usb unplugged--- or twain error 32 i have a cannon
cano scan lide 30 have had no luck as of yet
thanks Van

"Harry Ohrn" wrote:

> Have you tried uninstalling the scanner, rebooting and then reinstalling the
> scanner again as per the HP instructions? Some scanners are very finicky and
> you need to follow the installation instructions to the letter.
>
> --
>
> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>
>
> "Van" <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F4665AEA-1681-4D60-8B72-36231492CCDC@microsoft.com...
> > My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after upgrading
> > from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I try
> > to scan, I get
> > a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
> > Thanks .........
>
>
>
September 9, 2004 10:54:56 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

If your scanner is connected to a USB Hub, try connecting directly to the
computer and not through the hub.
--

Ron P

Sometimes you're the windshield:) 
Sometimes you're the bug:( 


"van" <van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:88B7104D-2054-427F-AF27-623B5FBBFF3F@microsoft.com...
> yes i have tried re-installing several times keeps giving me an error
> message
> as code 19 -- usb unplugged--- or twain error 32 i have a cannon
> cano scan lide 30 have had no luck as of yet
> thanks Van
>
> "Harry Ohrn" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried uninstalling the scanner, rebooting and then reinstalling
>> the
>> scanner again as per the HP instructions? Some scanners are very finicky
>> and
>> you need to follow the installation instructions to the letter.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
>> www.webtree.ca/windowsxp
>>
>>
>> "Van" <Van@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:F4665AEA-1681-4D60-8B72-36231492CCDC@microsoft.com...
>> > My scanner has been working just fine for about a year now after
>> > upgrading
>> > from 98SE to XP. I have the updated driver from HP but recently when I
>> > try
>> > to scan, I get
>> > a box saying ... "can't find scanner" .... Any suggestions??
>> > Thanks .........
>>
>>
>>
!