Windows XP password problem

ravi

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

Hi,

I Installed WindowsXp professional. During installation
XP asked me if I want to create accounts. I created three
acounts. After that blue screen showed up with the
accounts. When I pressend on the accounts it asked for
password. But I did not create any password during
installation and it is not accepting balnk password.

So I cannot login into my computer at all since I don't
know what the computer is assuming my password to be.

Does anybody had similar experience? Any solutions?

Thanks,

-Ravi

When you encounter the password box, move your cursor to the
box and click once, then use your TAB key to tab through the box.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Ravi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| Hi,
|
| I Installed WindowsXp professional. During installation
| XP asked me if I want to create accounts. I created three
| acounts. After that blue screen showed up with the
| accounts. When I pressend on the accounts it asked for
| password. But I did not create any password during
| installation and it is not accepting balnk password.
|
| So I cannot login into my computer at all since I don't
| know what the computer is assuming my password to be.
|
| Does anybody had similar experience? Any solutions?
|
| Thanks,
|
| -Ravi

ravi

Distinguished
May 6, 2004

You mean "TAB" key is my password?

-Ravi

-------------------------

>"Ravi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message:

>| Hi,
>|
>| I Installed WindowsXp professional. During
installation
>| XP asked me if I want to create accounts. I created
three
>| acounts. After that blue screen showed up with the
>| accounts. When I pressend on the accounts it asked
for
>| password. But I did not create any password during
>| installation and it is not accepting balnk password.
>|
>| So I cannot login into my computer at all since I
don't
>| know what the computer is assuming my password to be.
>|
>| Does anybody had similar experience? Any solutions?
>|
>| Thanks,
>|
>| -Ravi
>.

No, just press the TAB key when you see the cursor blinking
in the password request box, then press the ENTER key.

--

| You mean "TAB" key is my password?
|
| -Ravi

Thank you. I will try it tonight..

-Ravi

have got more than one account? worth a try.