HELP Please! Any Diff in Carbon?

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
Hey all, I have a Wii, and I have been really wanting Carbon for some time now. My question is, which version should I get? Is there any diff between the Wii and Gamecube versions? Will the controls for the Wii version piss me off? I just wanted some opinions before buying. Thanks for your time!

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
LOL.

Okay, so you won't be bumping this alone.

I saw the Carbon game for the Wii (a friend has it) and it isn't much different than any other version, except for eye candy stuff. BUT...this is vs. my PC version, and not the Gamecube version.

The only difference between the Wii and Gamecube might just be the steering, but that's a guess, since I have no idea how the Gamecube is setup for steering, while the Wii uses the tilting Wii-mote thing, like ExciteTruck.

Again, that's just what I saw. I like ExciteTruck better. LOL :D

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
why thank you for the help, NMDante :lol:

i do want ExciteTruck, also, as i heard its a lot of fun. but, i've been wanting carbon itself for a while now, and as much as i'd like to run it all beautified on my computer, my system just isn't good enough. so, i've only got the wii and the gcn to work with. :cry: i hate not having money.

so anyway, i thought that i heard somewhere that the wii controls detracted from the game experience, and i really don't want that to be the case... i think i may just get it for gamecube. on the gamecube, i imagine the controls would be the same as any other NFS game... pretty much "normal" console controls i guess.

so it basically boils down to: will the wii controls piss me off enough that i don't enjoy the game like i would with a normal controller (i.e. gamecube controller)

i was just wondering if anybody had any experience with this, and could make a suggestion. kinda surprised that nobody has, but its all good.

lordaardvark2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2005
hahaha YES! :lol: omg! i saw the thread where you were trying to figure out your tribute avatar... good to see you finally got the yellow worked out. its so you! :lol: