installing windows xp pro

mark

I'm trying to install this OS and everytime I've gotten to the " installing network" portion of the setup it won't go past the '' 32 minutes left '' mark. I don't have any usb ports set up. I'm running an amd 1800 with 256 mb. and my only hardware devices connected are my 82 gb hard drive and my cd rom (which I need because its a blank hard disk) help!

Does the motherboard have an onboard nic? If so, try disabling it in the
system BIOS.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/