Problems with flashing BIOS

lsilhsil

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2002
I was in the middle of flashing my BIOS and was encountering a little trouble when my little girl turned off the computer.Instantly, I knew I was in deep S*&!. Of course, the computer will not boot up again. What can i do to revive it? Asus A7V133. Thanks in advance.

PR

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
You can D/L it again if the file got corruted. <A HREF="http://download.asus.com.tw/mb_dl_menu.asp" target="_new">A7V133 BIOS</A>

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak. Better yet, Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>

pat

Expert
well. you need another BIOS chip from ASUS. Because without BIOS, the mainboard is useless, so is your computer.

-Always put the blame on you first, then on the hardware !!!

I had a similar problem with the A7V133. Try changing the CPU multiplier switch on the board and it should boot (albeit with the wrong CPU speed). Then shut down, change back the CPU multiplier, and it should be OK.

I can't guarantee this, but it worked for me.

:eek: I suck so hard that there is an event horizon around my lips :eek:

jc14all

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2001
This is just a shot in the dark, for something else to try if Wingding's process doesn't do the trick. Try the "Clear CMOS" jumper, or remove the lithium battery for about a couple minutes and replace it. Nothing to loose at this point.

<font color=purple><b>Listen twice as much as you Speak. Better yet, Think twice. :wink: </font color=purple></b>