persistent error message - qttask.exe

When starting my computer, an error message appears every time. It says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR3." The very top says "qttask.exe - No Disk." The bottom has three choices: cancel, try again, or continue. It doesn't matter which one I push, it just beeps and the error box stays there with no changes. I have restarted my computer more than once, but there is no change. This box appears in the middle of my screen and since I can not get rid of it, I have to slide it over to the side as far out of the way as possible. I have Windows XP. I have tried to locate qttask.exe, but I didn't have any luck there either. Does anyone know what is happening? Can anyone help?
2 answers Last reply
More about persistent error message qttask

    check out this page (http://www.lecour.net/richard/archives/000894.html)
    Explanation and solution

    "uk wildcat girl" <uk wildcat girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:4B274864-CE75-4F92-9907-98AAEC971BFF@microsoft.com...
    > When starting my computer, an error message appears every time. It says
    "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive
    \Device\Harddisk1\DR3." The very top says "qttask.exe - No Disk." The
    bottom has three choices: cancel, try again, or continue. It doesn't matter
    which one I push, it just beeps and the error box stays there with no
    changes. I have restarted my computer more than once, but there is no
    change. This box appears in the middle of my screen and since I can not get
    rid of it, I have to slide it over to the side as far out of the way as
    possible. I have Windows XP. I have tried to locate qttask.exe, but I
    didn't have any luck there either. Does anyone know what is happening? Can
    anyone help?

    Thank you so much! I will certainly try it!

    "george" wrote:

    > check out this page (http://www.lecour.net/richard/archives/000894.html)
    > Explanation and solution
    >
    > "uk wildcat girl" <uk wildcat girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    > message news:4B274864-CE75-4F92-9907-98AAEC971BFF@microsoft.com...
    > > When starting my computer, an error message appears every time. It says
    > "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into the drive
    > \Device\Harddisk1\DR3." The very top says "qttask.exe - No Disk." The
    > bottom has three choices: cancel, try again, or continue. It doesn't matter
    > which one I push, it just beeps and the error box stays there with no
    > changes. I have restarted my computer more than once, but there is no
    > change. This box appears in the middle of my screen and since I can not get
    > rid of it, I have to slide it over to the side as far out of the way as
    > possible. I have Windows XP. I have tried to locate qttask.exe, but I
    > didn't have any luck there either. Does anyone know what is happening? Can
    > anyone help?

Computers Error Message Windows XP