Gigabyte Motherboard

Dman007

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2002
I am looking at buying a new motherboard, Most stores are selling Gigabyte, my personal experience is that they are unreliable, Does everyone agree or has Gigabyte picked up there game..???

jpscfl

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2002
I've never had a stability problem with GB, but IMO, the performance benchmarks should be a lot higher. However, I'm not going to toss out my 7VXRp because the SiSoft readings are lower than what I expected. Otherwise, I have no real problems. Bios updates are as easy as can be too.

On the downside, their tech support is pretty bad ...Emails never get answered and if you try to call them, you will usually get a "all technicians are busy now, please leave your name and ..." and of course, they never return calls. But which mobo manu has good support, anyone?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
It depends, while most Gigabyte boards are great, a couple recent ones have problems. Can't remember what models they were, but one used the KT333 chipset and the other the i845EP I believe.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

theprofessional

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2002
Haven't had a major problem with mine yet. Just built last week. Make sure if it is a 7vrxp, that it is a v2.0. If you read this forum a lot, apparently no hardware manufacture has decent customer service/user support. I wonder if I'm luckly thus far.

Rubberbband

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2001
I'm running a 7vrxp (ver 2.0) right now without any problems whatsoever. It booted right away and I haven't had any problems to speak of. Other components: SB Live 5.1, Maxtor 40 Gb Ata 100 7200 rpm, Visiontek GF3 TI 200, DVD and CDRW, Enermax 350W Power Supply(avoid stability problems with a good PS), 512MB of PC 2700, Athlon 1800 XP CPU.
Flashing the BIOS is a snap and it's nice to know that a backup is available.

Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it.

TRENDING THREADS