can't find post - urgent help please

joan

Hi' all,
I'm new to computers and I have XP home. I posted a
message to a newsgroup somewhere here but I can't find it
there are so many but it was an xp one, and I'm sure it
was was internet explorer one. Anyway, I can't waste
anymore time searching for it as have been trying to find
if anyone answered me for ages. My question is I had an
old computer for a few weeks and it had windows 98 on it.
I was told by someone that I could do a repair for I.E.
and O.E. by going to the control panel Add/Remove and
click on I think it was I.E.5 service pack 1, highlight
and a box used to appear and gave me the option to
repair. My question is in my control panel with xp home I
don't see that, all I see are a list of Hot Fixes. There
is an entry for Outlook Express with a Q number next to
it. I have Internet Explorer6 service pack 2 now but why
don't I see that in the Add/Remove. What if I want to do
a repair or doesn't XP home need repairing ever?
I would love to ask Microsoft support bnut can't find
anything on their site there are so many pages and it's
impossible. I've tried Google and I'm sick of it.
I would really appreciate any advice.
Thank you very much,
Joan

Hi

Try here for a 'Repair' to IE - but please note, this method a manual edit to the Registry.

"How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&Product=ie600

If you use a dedicated News Reader - such Outlook Express - you will able to find your postings much quicker:

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups