can't find post - urgent help please

Hi' all,
I'm new to computers and I have XP home. I posted a
message to a newsgroup somewhere here but I can't find it
there are so many but it was an xp one, and I'm sure it
was was internet explorer one. Anyway, I can't waste
anymore time searching for it as have been trying to find
if anyone answered me for ages. My question is I had an
old computer for a few weeks and it had windows 98 on it.
I was told by someone that I could do a repair for I.E.
and O.E. by going to the control panel Add/Remove and
click on I think it was I.E.5 service pack 1, highlight
and a box used to appear and gave me the option to
repair. My question is in my control panel with xp home I
don't see that, all I see are a list of Hot Fixes. There
is an entry for Outlook Express with a Q number next to
it. I have Internet Explorer6 service pack 2 now but why
don't I see that in the Add/Remove. What if I want to do
a repair or doesn't XP home need repairing ever?
I would love to ask Microsoft support bnut can't find
anything on their site there are so many pages and it's
impossible. I've tried Google and I'm sick of it.
I would really appreciate any advice.
Thank you very much,
Joan
1 answer Last reply
More about find post urgent please

    Hi

    Try here for a 'Repair' to IE - but please note, this method a manual edit to the Registry.

    "How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378&Product=ie600

    If you use a dedicated News Reader - such Outlook Express - you will able to find your postings much quicker:

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    Please reply to the News Groups
    "joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b8201c4709d$e8f911b0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    > Hi' all,
    > I'm new to computers and I have XP home. I posted a
    > message to a newsgroup somewhere here but I can't find it
    > there are so many but it was an xp one, and I'm sure it
    > was was internet explorer one. Anyway, I can't waste
    > anymore time searching for it as have been trying to find
    > if anyone answered me for ages. My question is I had an
    > old computer for a few weeks and it had windows 98 on it.
    > I was told by someone that I could do a repair for I.E.
    > and O.E. by going to the control panel Add/Remove and
    > click on I think it was I.E.5 service pack 1, highlight
    > and a box used to appear and gave me the option to
    > repair. My question is in my control panel with xp home I
    > don't see that, all I see are a list of Hot Fixes. There
    > is an entry for Outlook Express with a Q number next to
    > it. I have Internet Explorer6 service pack 2 now but why
    > don't I see that in the Add/Remove. What if I want to do
    > a repair or doesn't XP home need repairing ever?
    > I would love to ask Microsoft support bnut can't find
    > anything on their site there are so many pages and it's
    > impossible. I've tried Google and I'm sick of it.
    > I would really appreciate any advice.
    > Thank you very much,
    > Joan

Windows XP