DVD ( + ) or ( - ) and CD or DVD blank disks

I have recently installed a CD Burner, and I am having problems with the pc reporting not able to write to CD, either that or stating there is no further space. I have tried this with both new CD;s and with CD's I have formatted on my pc.
Can someone advise me what might be wrong?
Also, when I do save programs on CD's, and if I remove a program, how do I reinstall a program?
Also, if I take a music CD-rom in the read tray, can I send a song through email?

Thanks for any assistance or suggestions.
Amber

Read through Galan Bridgman's article here
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/expert/bridgman_august13.mspx
Read through Alex Nichol's page here on CD Burning in XP
http://www.aumha.org/a/xpcd.htm

When you "save a program" to CD to must save the program's installation, or
setup file, or make a copy of the installation disc itself. You can not just
save the contents of the application's Programs File directory and hope to
reinstall it later.

No you can not pop a music CD into the drive and then send a song off it via
e-mail. You must first "rip" the track off the CD, save it to your drive and
then send the file. The reason for this has to do with the way audio files
are stored on a music CD. If you open an audio CD you will see the track
files listed as .CDA files. If you copy a .CDA file to your drive you are
not copying the actual audio file itself but something that is more like a
shortcut in a sense. .CDA files are not playable from your hard drive. Try
it and you'll see what I mean. You need to use a program to rip the files
first. Media Player can do this. Use it's copy function to copy the track to
your hard drive. It will be copied as a .WMA file. You can e-mail a .WMA
file but depending on the song's length it could be 2MB or larger which
might not be appreciated by the recipient. Do a search on google for audio
ripping and you will get more information.

--

Harry Ohrn MS-MVP [Shell/User]
www.webtree.ca/windowsxp