Looks like a legitimate service, but you can obtain assistance in this
newsgroup FREE if you can adequately describe your specific problem.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

http://search.ebay.co.uk/Windows-XP-Remote-Assistance-DO-YOU-NEED-HELP_W0QQsalocatedincountryZ3QQsatitleZQ20WindowsQ20XPQ20RemoteQ20AssistanceQ20Q2dQ20DOQ20YOUQ20NEEDQ20HELPQ20

| thanks
| Jik

testy

Personally, I think everything on EBay is a rip-off.

Testy

"Ja" <Ja@ha.com> wrote in message news:cdrdih$ps3$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, Take a look at this ebay ad - Is it worth trying? - Or is it a rip
off?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/Windows-XP-Remote-Assistance-DO-YOU-NEED-HELP_W0QQs
alocatedincountryZ3QQsatitleZQ20WindowsQ20XPQ20RemoteQ20AssistanceQ20Q2dQ20D
OQ20YOUQ20NEEDQ20HELPQ20

> thanks
> Jik

---

papa

Everybody I know gets help on newsgroups such as this one, asks a
knowledgeable friend for help, and/or goes to a local repair facility in
their hometown.

The guy's service is no doubt legitimate, but getting help like that seems a
little off the wall.

"Ja" <Ja@ha.com> wrote in message news:cdrdih$ps3$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, Take a look at this ebay ad - Is it worth trying? - Or is it a rip
off?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/Windows-XP-Remote-Assistance-DO-YOU-NEED-HELP_W0QQsalocatedincountryZ3QQsatitleZQ20WindowsQ20XPQ20RemoteQ20AssistanceQ20Q2dQ20DOQ20YOUQ20NEEDQ20HELPQ20

> thanks
> Jik

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

I would assume the offer is legitimate, but you can get answers to any
questions you may have from this, or other newsgroups, or off the web. The
only thing is, using the method I suggest, you have to press the appropriate
keys on your keyboard, rather than having someone do it for you remotely.
Personally, I would never allow anyone I don't know to access to my
computer.

FWIW, JAX

"Ja" <Ja@ha.com> wrote in message news:cdrdih$ps3$1@news7.svr.pol.co.uk...
> Hi, Take a look at this ebay ad - Is it worth trying? - Or is it a rip
off?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/Windows-XP-Remote-Assistance-DO-YOU-NEED-HELP_W0QQsalocatedincountryZ3QQsatitleZQ20WindowsQ20XPQ20RemoteQ20AssistanceQ20Q2dQ20DOQ20YOUQ20NEEDQ20HELPQ20

> thanks
> Jik

I'm not so sure.
Perhaps he is unable to do something as simple as get a video signal
to his monitor.
Note the pattern indicative of no video.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Looks like a legitimate service, but you can obtain assistance in
this
> newsgroup FREE if you can adequately describe your specific problem.
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

--------------------------

> "Ja" <Ja@ha.com> wrote in message:
>
> | Hi, Take a look at this ebay ad - Is it worth trying? - Or is it a
rip off?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/Windows-XP-Remote-Assistance-DO-YOU-NEED-HELP_W0QQsalocatedincountryZ3QQsatitleZQ20WindowsQ20XPQ20RemoteQ20AssistanceQ20Q2dQ20DOQ20YOUQ20NEEDQ20HELPQ20

> | thanks
> | Jik

Mike

Splendid

That is the monitor self test.. he probably disconnected the monitor from
his lap top for the picture..

> I'm not so sure.
> Perhaps he is unable to do something as simple as get a video signal
> to his monitor.
> Note the pattern indicative of no video.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Looks like a legitimate service, but you can obtain assistance in
> this
> > newsgroup FREE if you can adequately describe your specific problem.
> >
> > --
> > Carey Frisch
> > Microsoft MVP
> > Windows XP - Shell/User
> >
> > Be Smart! Protect your PC!
> > http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

> --------------------------
> >
> > "Ja" <Ja@ha.com> wrote in message:
> >
> > | Hi, Take a look at this ebay ad - Is it worth trying? - Or is it a
> rip off?

http://search.ebay.co.uk/Windows-XP-Remote-Assistance-DO-YOU-NEED-HELP_W0QQsalocatedincountryZ3QQsatitleZQ20WindowsQ20XPQ20RemoteQ20AssistanceQ20Q2dQ20DOQ20YOUQ20NEEDQ20HELPQ20

> > | thanks
> > | Jik

I know, I was just picking on the guy desperate for business.

--

"Mike" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> That is the monitor self test.. he probably disconnected the monitor
from
> his lap top for the picture..

Mike

Splendid

If you lived in Cornwall UK, you would realize what desperation really is..
often raining and so foggy that you can't see to get to your own front
door.. lol.. the guy is probably lonely and wants somebody with whom he can
have a conversation... :)

> I know, I was just picking on the guy desperate for business.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "Mike" <mike.hall.mail@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > That is the monitor self test.. he probably disconnected the monitor
> from
> > his lap top for the picture..

<lol> Don't forget you don't get as much rain as we do in Wales and when
you live on the coast those sea mist, well enough said <g>
Joan

Mike wrote:
> If you lived in Cornwall UK, you would realize what desperation
> really is.. often raining and so foggy that you can't see to get to
> your own front door.. lol.. the guy is probably lonely and wants
> somebody with whom he can have a conversation... :)

Mike

Splendid

Yo Joan

I understand that at one time, Blaenau Ffestiniog was accredited with being
the wettest place in the UK.. I have passed through there at times when it
was difficult to see where the grey mountains ended and the grey sky began..
however, my worst experiences were in the Lake District and the spine of
Cornwall, where it seemed like the fog was two inches above the road surface
for days at a time..

Mike

"Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> <lol> Don't forget you don't get as much rain as we do in Wales and when
> you live on the coast those sea mist, well enough said <g>
> Joan
>
> Mike wrote:
> > If you lived in Cornwall UK, you would realize what desperation
> > really is.. often raining and so foggy that you can't see to get to
> > your own front door.. lol.. the guy is probably lonely and wants
> > somebody with whom he can have a conversation... :)

<g> I don't think it's that bad here, I live on the East coast of South
West Wales, but the beginning of this week was wet enough for me,
especially as it's supposed to be summer :-(
Joan

Mike wrote:
> Yo Joan
>
> I understand that at one time, Blaenau Ffestiniog was accredited with
> being the wettest place in the UK.. I have passed through there at
> times when it was difficult to see where the grey mountains ended and
> the grey sky began.. however, my worst experiences were in the Lake
> District and the spine of Cornwall, where it seemed like the fog was
> two inches above the road surface for days at a time..
>
> Mike

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

I have only been to Seattle Washington, USA, twice. One time was in June,
the other time was in July of the following year. I can't imagine a more
dismal place. It was raining and the Temp. was about 36F. There is no way I
could survive there!

JAX

> <g> I don't think it's that bad here, I live on the East coast of South
> West Wales, but the beginning of this week was wet enough for me,
> especially as it's supposed to be summer :-(
> Joan
>
> Mike wrote:
> > Yo Joan
> >
> > I understand that at one time, Blaenau Ffestiniog was accredited with
> > being the wettest place in the UK.. I have passed through there at
> > times when it was difficult to see where the grey mountains ended and
> > the grey sky began.. however, my worst experiences were in the Lake
> > District and the spine of Cornwall, where it seemed like the fog was
> > two inches above the road surface for days at a time..
> >
> > Mike

papa

Yes it is, and Alaska is even more dismal.

"JAX" <slipslide@pop.not> wrote in message
> I have only been to Seattle Washington, USA, twice. One time was in June,
> the other time was in July of the following year. I can't imagine a more
> dismal place. It was raining and the Temp. was about 36F. There is no way
> could survive there!
>
> JAX
>
> "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > <g> I don't think it's that bad here, I live on the East coast of South
> > West Wales, but the beginning of this week was wet enough for me,
> > especially as it's supposed to be summer :-(
> > Joan
> >
> > Mike wrote:
> > > Yo Joan
> > >
> > > I understand that at one time, Blaenau Ffestiniog was accredited with
> > > being the wettest place in the UK.. I have passed through there at
> > > times when it was difficult to see where the grey mountains ended and
> > > the grey sky began.. however, my worst experiences were in the Lake
> > > District and the spine of Cornwall, where it seemed like the fog was
> > > two inches above the road surface for days at a time..
> > >
> > > Mike

Jax

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2002

Hey Papa,

Surprise, surprise!! It was supposed to hit 102f in Portland Oregon today. I
can't imagine that, with the humidity the must have. It has been some time
here in Arizona that the high has not been above 100, but most of the time,
the humidity is such that it is tolerable.

JAX

"Papa" <bikingis@my.fun> wrote in message
> Yes it is, and Alaska is even more dismal.
>
> "JAX" <slipslide@pop.not> wrote in message
> > I have only been to Seattle Washington, USA, twice. One time was in
June,
> > the other time was in July of the following year. I can't imagine a more
> > dismal place. It was raining and the Temp. was about 36F. There is no
way
> > could survive there!
> >
> > JAX
> >
> > "Joan Archer" <archer_joan@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> > > <g> I don't think it's that bad here, I live on the East coast of
South
> > > West Wales, but the beginning of this week was wet enough for me,
> > > especially as it's supposed to be summer :-(
> > > Joan

Mike

Splendid

Humidity is Eastern Ontario is usually high, and the hot weather that we get
in the summer is too much for me.. thankfully, we get good Canadian
winters.. 7-8 months of rain, snow, ice storms, more snow, even more snow,
drifting snow, very heavy wet snow, snow that takes an hour to remove before
you can back out of the driveway..