reinstalling a deleted file

I deleted C:\Windows\DownloadedProgramFiles\bridge.dll

I have Windows XP. (I'm an idiot. and old and should know
better) Can I get this restored/reinstalled myself? I
can't logon to aol anymore either.
2 answers Last reply
More about reinstalling deleted file

    http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?showtopic=33822

    --
    Mary Sauer MS MVP
    http://office.microsoft.com/
    "B.L." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I deleted C:\Windows\DownloadedProgramFiles\bridge.dll
    >
    > I have Windows XP. (I'm an idiot. and old and should know
    > better) Can I get this restored/reinstalled myself? I
    > can't logon to aol anymore either.

    DO NOT reinstall. This file is malware and needs to be deleted. Run a Search
    for it on your harddrive and send it to the Recycle Bin. Suggest you download
    the below free program and scan your harddrive for more spies/malware:
    Ad-aware - Download and Run it!
    http://download.com.com/3000-2094-10045910.html?legacy=cnet

    "B.L." wrote:

    > I deleted C:\Windows\DownloadedProgramFiles\bridge.dll
    >
    > I have Windows XP. (I'm an idiot. and old and should know
    > better) Can I get this restored/reinstalled myself? I
    > can't logon to aol anymore either.

AOL Microsoft Windows XP