Sign in with
Your question

MSI KT3 Ultra & 1.4Ghz Athlon @ 1050mhz?

Last response: in Motherboards
September 3, 2002 5:05:47 AM

I have MSI KT3 Ultra motherboard and AMD Athlon 1.4Ghz on it. Somethig seems to be wrong in Bios settings: at startup screen flashes 1050mhz rating instead 1400mhz !!! Does anybody know the right Bios settings for my Cpu. If someone asks, I donĀ“t remember current Bios version(I wrote this from different computer) All I know that it is the latest available version.

Second problem is on WindowsME. I got error message: The PCI board was not found. Is this error message caused by wrong Bios settings too? However, every PCI-card seems to work properly.

J from Finland

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by savoc on 09/03/02 01:08 AM.</EM></FONT></P>
September 3, 2002 7:03:26 AM

Ok......it read 1050MHz cuz thats what its running at......

a Multiplier of 10.5 is what the chip uses and the FSB is set at 100MHz (100 x 10.5 = 1050) so switch it from 100 to 133MHz and ur all set..

as for the PCI Board error message.....format ur computer...get rid of that crappy OS and DL a version of MS Windows XP Pro. Corporate edition.........

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=13597" target="_new">-MeTaL RoCkEr</A>
a b V Motherboard
September 3, 2002 6:13:30 PM

That "PCI board" is the type of weird error that some system devices show when you haven't loaded all the chipset drivers. With VIA it can be a crapshoot. As for what the last guy said, well, ME is a little slower and less stable than 98SE, but has more features. XP is a pig of an OS, if 98SE was your typical family sedan XP would be an army tank.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>
Related resources
September 5, 2002 4:49:04 AM

FSB is now runnig at 133mhz. It worked!!! Thaks.
!