windows xp install

I'm trying to reinstall xp home edition. An error message
appears saying it can't find the shell.dll. The
installation stops. Any help would greatly be appreciated

Thanks

How to Troubleshoot Windows XP Problems During Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;310064

Troubleshooting Windows XP Setup

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--