Common email account

Hi, I have just created another account but I want that
user to share the same email account as me. Does anyone
know how to do this??

Cheers

Andy

Hi,

Can u exactly explain what do u mean by sharing the account. Did you mean user account and you want to share the same outlook express

Please explain clearly and we will be able to help u out.

--
Regards
M. Rajesh

"Andy Wilson" wrote:

> Hi, I have just created another account but I want that
> user to share the same email account as me. Does anyone
> know how to do this??
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Hi Andy,

Using Outlook Express? It's easy enough to set up, but carries with it a
danger.

Log on as any user, open Outlook Express. Click tools/options/maintenance
tab, click on the store folder button. Move it to a shared location
accessible by all users (right now it is under their local profile). "Ok"
your way out and close Outlook Express. Logoff and repeat the steps for each
user, this time selecting the location selected/created by the first user.

*IMPORTANT* Do NOT use fast user switching with Outlook Express left open.
You (and all other users) MUST remember to close it before switching. If any
user fails to do this, the mail store may be corrupted beyond repair, and
all saved messages will be lost.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Andy Wilson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I have just created another account but I want that
> user to share the same email account as me. Does anyone
> know how to do this??
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy

Hi There,
Before I upgraded to XP our PC was just set up for one
user and we both used the same outlook express and the
same user account and email.

Now that we have XP and it is set up for two users, I
have set up the email account in my profile and XP
assumes that the other user will have a different account.

And if I set them both up the same, then messages will be
downloaded into whichever user logs on first, hence
spliting it all up and confusing things.