Yardsale, anyone?

Last response: in Video Games
January 18, 2005 1:36:54 PM

I don't know when, or how much stuff, but I'm going to be getting rid of
just about everything.

I'd like to keep enough stuff to outfit my Necro in some uberfied gear.

That being said, what do you guys think it would take for me to acquire the
following list:

Homunculus
Carin Shard
Arm of King Leoric
Harlequin Crest
Marrowalks
Trangs Gloves/Armor/Wing

Ok, the plan is to build a hybrid Summoner/Bone Spirit Necro, with as many
+skills as I can get. Oh, and to use the Marrowalk *feature* since I won't
have enough skill points to go around with out them :o )

On a side note, I should max Bone Spear as well as Spirit, right?

short

More about : yardsale

January 18, 2005 1:36:55 PM

short wrote:
> I'd like to keep enough stuff to outfit my Necro in some uberfied
gear.

> That being said, what do you guys think it would take for me to
acquire the
> following list:

Here is what you can expect to pay for each item:
Homunculus: 15-20 pgems*
Carin Shard: 10 pgems or much less
Arm of King Leoric: 10-20 pgems
Harlequin Crest: 20-40 pgems**
+2 Marrowalks: 40-80 pgems
+1 Marrow: 10-20 pgems
Trangs Gloves: 5 pgems or less
TrangArmor: 5 pgems or less
Trang Wing: 5-20 pgems*

* These items are quite popular and some people who want them fast are
willing to pay Pul (40 pgems) a piece, but you can definitely get them
for 20 pgems each or less.
** It's possible to get a lower end defense for 20 pgems, but best bet
is probably to offer around 30 pgems as a start.

I'm pretty sure I can give you Carin, TO Gloves, and TO Armor, quite
likely I have spare Homun and Leoric too.

> short
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 2:15:08 PM

"Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> short wrote:
> > I'd like to keep enough stuff to outfit my Necro in some uberfied
> gear.
> >
> > That being said, what do you guys think it would take for me to
> acquire the
> > following list:
>
> Here is what you can expect to pay for each item:
> Homunculus: 15-20 pgems*
> Carin Shard: 10 pgems or much less
> Arm of King Leoric: 10-20 pgems
> Harlequin Crest: 20-40 pgems**
> +2 Marrowalks: 40-80 pgems
> +1 Marrow: 10-20 pgems
> Trangs Gloves: 5 pgems or less
> TrangArmor: 5 pgems or less
> Trang Wing: 5-20 pgems*
>
> * These items are quite popular and some people who want them fast are
> willing to pay Pul (40 pgems) a piece, but you can definitely get them
> for 20 pgems each or less.
> ** It's possible to get a lower end defense for 20 pgems, but best bet
> is probably to offer around 30 pgems as a start.
>
> I'm pretty sure I can give you Carin, TO Gloves, and TO Armor, quite
> likely I have spare Homun and Leoric too.

Woooooohoooooooooooooo!
Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see what I've got.

short
Related resources
January 18, 2005 5:06:23 PM

short wrote:
> Woooooohoooooooooooooo!
> Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see what
I've got.

> short

Uh, one important thing. I hardly see you. Perhaps the UWW people can
help the handover?
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 5:46:27 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:15:08 -0500, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>
wrote:

>Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see what I've got.
>
>short

If you can talk Hamsterboy away from WoW for a night, or if I can find
a way to connect to BNut, one of us could raid the Gems mule on ald3
for you.

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 18, 2005 6:37:19 PM

I'm game to clear out anything I have that's ladder - which isn't much and
may or may not be expiring soon.

"short" <shorts@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> I don't know when, or how much stuff, but I'm going to be getting rid of
> just about everything.
>
> I'd like to keep enough stuff to outfit my Necro in some uberfied gear.
>
> That being said, what do you guys think it would take for me to acquire
the
> following list:
>

> Homunculus
> Carin Shard
> Arm of King Leoric
> Harlequin Crest
> Marrowalks
> Trangs Gloves/Armor/Wing
>

> Ok, the plan is to build a hybrid Summoner/Bone Spirit Necro, with as many
> +skills as I can get. Oh, and to use the Marrowalk *feature* since I
won't
> have enough skill points to go around with out them :o )
>
> On a side note, I should max Bone Spear as well as Spirit, right?
>

> short

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 8:11:24 PM

> short wrote:
> > Woooooohoooooooooooooo!
> > Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see what
> I've got.
> >

> > short
>
> Uh, one important thing. I hardly see you. Perhaps the UWW people can
> help the handover?

Well, I guess that could be problem, at that. Not knowing when I'll be on
doesn't help either, I guess :)

whoever is on the UWW list, just keep a lookout for *shorts!

short
January 19, 2005 2:06:51 AM

short wrote:
> "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> >
> > short wrote:
> > > Woooooohoooooooooooooo!
> > > Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see
what
> > I've got.
> > >

> > > short
> >
> > Uh, one important thing. I hardly see you. Perhaps the UWW people
can
> > help the handover?
> >
> Well, I guess that could be problem, at that. Not knowing when I'll
be on
> doesn't help either, I guess :)

It's no longer a problem now :)  Hammy put the stuff in one of his old
mules, he's burned it in too. You should hear from him soon if you
haven't already.

> whoever is on the UWW list, just keep a lookout for *shorts!
No, don't lookout for *shorts, it's Short's fault!

> short
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 12:52:52 PM

My my, doesn't ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> look good in that trenchcoat:

>If you can talk Hamsterboy away from WoW for a night, or if I can find
>a way to connect to BNut, one of us could raid the Gems mule on ald3
>for you.

*ring ring*

You rang?
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 12:52:53 PM

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:52:52 +1300, Stephen van Ham
<svanham@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

>My my, doesn't ald <103175.3500@compuserve.com> look good in that trenchcoat:
>
>>If you can talk Hamsterboy away from WoW for a night, or if I can find
>>a way to connect to BNut, one of us could raid the Gems mule on ald3
>>for you.
>
>*ring ring*
>
>You rang?

Oh, good, you *are* still reading ;-) Yeah, I did, as I remember that
mule (the only Barb on ald3, might be named GemsLTwo-ald, something
like that anyway) is *full* of P Gems, if short can use them they're
his. Leave me one of each in case I ever find a use for them and I'll
be happy.

So, did you decide to re-up the account or take a break?

ald
"Knowledge is Power"
VK`Sister`ald level 47 Rogue (HF V&K) (RIP :-( )
Matriarch Sis-West level 82 Bowazon (US West)
Champion RingsNThngs level 61 Bowazon (US West)
Slayer ZannEsu-ald level 51 Sorceress (US West)
Matriarch Sis-AR level 99 Bowazon (Ancestral Recall Mod)
Champion Creepy-AR Level 91 Necromancer (AR)
Slayer Zan-AR Level 79 Sorceress (AR)
Slayer SisEight-AR Level 78 Bowazon (AR)
Gems-AR Level 55 Barbarian (AR)
Matriarch Sis-otSEye Level 78 Bowazon (US West, co-op)
BtaSisEight-ald Level 50 Bowazon (LoD 1.10 SP)
Aragorn-AR Level 51 Zealadin (AR)
Champion LTwoSis-ald Level 79 Bowazon (US West Ladder)
CotSRSig #16
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 2:26:26 AM

short <shorts@zoominternet.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> I don't know when, or how much stuff, but I'm going to be getting rid
> of just about everything.

Ladder or non-ladder? I have some stuff to dump on ladder, but two-and-a-bit
full accounts to get rid of non-ladder. LOL

There is no spoon.

EvilBill - http://evilbill.50megs.com/index.html
My Quake2 FTP site: ftp://65.30.181.223/quake2/EvilBill/
Jack of Hearts of the Eeeevil Trek Cabal (TINC)
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 10:39:48 PM

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:15:08 -0500, short wrote:

> "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> short wrote:
>> > I'd like to keep enough stuff to outfit my Necro in some uberfied
>> gear.
>> >
>> > That being said, what do you guys think it would take for me to
>> acquire the
>> > following list:
>>
>> Here is what you can expect to pay for each item:
>> Homunculus: 15-20 pgems*
>> Carin Shard: 10 pgems or much less
>> Arm of King Leoric: 10-20 pgems
>> Harlequin Crest: 20-40 pgems**
>> +2 Marrowalks: 40-80 pgems
>> +1 Marrow: 10-20 pgems
>> Trangs Gloves: 5 pgems or less
>> TrangArmor: 5 pgems or less
>> Trang Wing: 5-20 pgems*
>>
>> * These items are quite popular and some people who want them fast are
>> willing to pay Pul (40 pgems) a piece, but you can definitely get them
>> for 20 pgems each or less.
>> ** It's possible to get a lower end defense for 20 pgems, but best bet
>> is probably to offer around 30 pgems as a start.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure I can give you Carin, TO Gloves, and TO Armor, quite
>> likely I have spare Homun and Leoric too.
>>

> Woooooohoooooooooooooo!
> Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see what I've got.

Hey Short, I think I've got something for you.
Though I hadn't previously read the above post, I noticed
somebody called "shorts" in a trade channel last night asking for
Marrowalks and immediately after that I went into a game and found a
non-magical wand with 2 sockets that gives +3 bone spear. So if you are
trying to make a Bone Necro, adding "White" runeword to this
wand would be close to your ideal weapon.
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:12:22 PM

"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.01.21.01.39.45.774874@yahoo.com...
> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:15:08 -0500, short wrote:
>

> > "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> >> gear.

> >> acquire the
> >>
> >> Here is what you can expect to pay for each item:
> >> Homunculus: 15-20 pgems*
> >> Carin Shard: 10 pgems or much less
> >> Arm of King Leoric: 10-20 pgems
> >> Harlequin Crest: 20-40 pgems**
> >> +2 Marrowalks: 40-80 pgems
> >> +1 Marrow: 10-20 pgems
> >> Trangs Gloves: 5 pgems or less
> >> TrangArmor: 5 pgems or less
> >> Trang Wing: 5-20 pgems*
> >>
> >> * These items are quite popular and some people who want them fast are
> >> willing to pay Pul (40 pgems) a piece, but you can definitely get them
> >> for 20 pgems each or less.
> >> ** It's possible to get a lower end defense for 20 pgems, but best bet
> >> is probably to offer around 30 pgems as a start.
> >>
> >> I'm pretty sure I can give you Carin, TO Gloves, and TO Armor, quite
> >> likely I have spare Homun and Leoric too.
> >>

> > Woooooohoooooooooooooo!
> > Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see what I've
got.

> Hey Short, I think I've got something for you.
> Though I hadn't previously read the above post, I noticed
> somebody called "shorts" in a trade channel last night asking for
> Marrowalks and immediately after that I went into a game and found a
> non-magical wand with 2 sockets that gives +3 bone spear. So if you are
> trying to make a Bone Necro, adding "White" runeword to this
> wand would be close to your ideal weapon.

Hehehe, that was me!!

I'll definitely take it! I've just now got 20 points each in Raise Skeleton
and Skeleton Mastery, 15 or so into Bone Spirit, so I'll be working on Bone
Spirit next.

W00000000t!!

short
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:13:04 PM

"EvilBill" <quake2lives@gmail.com> wrote in message
> short <shorts@zoominternet.net> typed as if devouring a plate of spoo:
> > I don't know when, or how much stuff, but I'm going to be getting rid
> > of just about everything.
> >

> Ladder or non-ladder? I have some stuff to dump on ladder, but
two-and-a-bit
> full accounts to get rid of non-ladder. LOL

It will be Ladder, if I ever get started on it :)

short
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 12:36:47 PM

short wrote:
> "Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:p an.2005.01.21.01.39.45.774874@yahoo.com...
> > On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:15:08 -0500, short wrote:
> >

> > > "Alice" <malice_diablo@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > Woooooohoooooooooooooo!
> > > Thanks for the list too, I'll start counting my Pgems and see
what I've
> got.
> >
> > Hey Short, I think I've got something for you.
> > Though I hadn't previously read the above post, I noticed
> > somebody called "shorts" in a trade channel last night asking for
> > Marrowalks and immediately after that I went into a game and found
> > non-magical wand with 2 sockets that gives +3 bone spear. So if you
are
> > trying to make a Bone Necro, adding "White" runeword to this
> > wand would be close to your ideal weapon.
> >

> Hehehe, that was me!!
>
> I'll definitely take it! I've just now got 20 points each in Raise
Skeleton
> and Skeleton Mastery, 15 or so into Bone Spirit, so I'll be working
on Bone
> Spirit next.
>
> W00000000t!!

Let's see.... Short working his bone... I just KNOW there's a joke in
here somewhere.....

Mickey
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:41:21 PM

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 09:12:22 -0500, "short" <shorts@zoominternet.net>
wrote:

>"Last2Know" <grokkalot@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>news:p an.2005.01.21.01.39.45.774874@yahoo.com...
>> On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:15:08 -0500, short wrote:
>
>> Hey Short, I think I've got something for you.
>> Though I hadn't previously read the above post, I noticed
>> somebody called "shorts" in a trade channel last night asking for
>> Marrowalks and immediately after that I went into a game and found a
>> non-magical wand with 2 sockets that gives +3 bone spear. So if you are
>> trying to make a Bone Necro, adding "White" runeword to this
>> wand would be close to your ideal weapon.
>>

>Hehehe, that was me!!
>
>I'll definitely take it! I've just now got 20 points each in Raise Skeleton
>and Skeleton Mastery, 15 or so into Bone Spirit, so I'll be working on Bone
>Spirit next.
>
>W00000000t!!
>

>short

I'm fairly sure that I have an extra White wand with plus to bone
armor IIRC. I will look for it and if I find it, I will look for you
:-)

Alan
--
USWest - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-3 Ladder SC
USEast - SonofJorEl, SonofJorEl2-4 Ladder & Non, SC & HC