Setting clock speed and ratios for Shuttle SS51

xenite

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I just got a Shuttle SS51, which I'm very pleased with. It's as quiet as they claim and so far everything works great.

Problem is, I have little clue how I should set the various values in my BIOS for maximum performance. I've searched all over for some kind of guide I can follow to answer my question, to no avail.

The settings are: CPU Clock Ratio (8-24), CPU:DRAM Clock Ratio (e.g. 1:1, 4:3,...) , CPU Clock (100-165)

I put a P4/533 2.26 with DDR 2700 RAM in there. Someone want offer up the correct settings (not for overclocking)?

-X

Beware the Sword of the Righteous, for it's hard to tell where the handle ends and the blade begins.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
OK, CPU Clock at 133MHz, CPU:DRAM ratio of 4:5. CPU Clock Ratio is locked on the CPU so adjusting it will have no effect.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

xenite

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Cool. Why?

-X

Beware the Sword of the Righteous, for it's hard to tell where the handle ends and the blade begins.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Those are the right settings. And Intel locks the multiplier, so it never needs to be adjusted in BIOS, whatever the default is will work, the true multiplier can't be changed.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>