Try this link (it'll show how to optimise XP, it's from MS)

2 answers Last reply
More about link show optimise

    The odd thing about giving us this link is that this is only a mere portion of the entire article and not enough to really make a difference in XP. Keeping your system clean is bar far the best advice anyone can give you. From there I have done over 100 registry tweaks to optimize XP and to reach the level of stability that I now have. Mind you it's taken almost 3yrs and I'm still finding new things to adjust. I have tested over 200 programs claiming system performance enhancements and find that most are just fooling you. Speed XP is a free program and the best I have found so far. I do not recommend the "clear pagefile on shutdown" option though. Have fun and welcome to the eXPeriance. }:~)
    --
    There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those that can't.

    The Unknown P wrote:
    : The odd thing about giving us this link is that this is only a mere
    : portion of the entire article and not enough to really make a
    : difference in XP. Keeping your system clean is bar far the best
    : advice anyone can give you. From there I have done over 100 registry
    : tweaks to optimize XP and to reach the level of stability that I now
    : have. Mind you it's taken almost 3yrs and I'm still finding new
    : things to adjust. I have tested over 200 programs claiming system
    : performance enhancements and find that most are just fooling you.
    : Speed XP is a free program and the best I have found so far. I do not
    : recommend the "clear pagefile on shutdown" option though. Have fun
    : and welcome to the eXPeriance. }:~)

    "Speed XP is a free program" so why is the web page asking for $11.00?
    http://www.shareup.com/Speed-XP-download-4876.html

    ---

Microsoft Windows XP