Wireless B to G upgrades with bikini clad office workers?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Well...the bikini clad part isn't relevant...but did it get your
attention enough to read my question?

I can't seem to find any web references/advice on the software
considerations of upgrading from B to G. Running Windows 2000 pro,
cable modem which is currently connected to a SMC B router. Norton
Internet Security is installed. I've also got a powerline network
hooked in as well with a Siemens 2521 on the other end to extend the
current B signal. Do I just plug in the new G router and pray that
Windows and Norton will figure out what's up?

Any pointers appreciated. THANKS!

Yes!
It shouldnt notice the difference!

"Marlo Brandon" <MarloBrandon@MarloBrandon.com> wrote in message news:<0dSdneMxrMfKspLcRVn-sw@comcast.com>...
> Yes!
> It shouldnt notice the difference!

The hell you say. If my bikini-clad office workers upgraded from B
bikinis to G bikinis, I think someone would definitely notice. They
might need more support than wireless models can offer, as well.

On 2 Aug 2004 23:21:15 -0700, John spoketh

>Well...the bikini clad part isn't relevant...but did it get your
>attention enough to read my question?
>
>I can't seem to find any web references/advice on the software
>considerations of upgrading from B to G. Running Windows 2000 pro,
>cable modem which is currently connected to a SMC B router. Norton
>Internet Security is installed. I've also got a powerline network
>hooked in as well with a Siemens 2521 on the other end to extend the
>current B signal. Do I just plug in the new G router and pray that
>Windows and Norton will figure out what's up?
>
>Any pointers appreciated. THANKS!

Well, you'll need some 802.11g wireless network adapters as well. Your
software and OS won't care too much about the change, however, if there
are rules in Norton that are specific to a network adapter, then
changing the adapter will invalidate those rules...

Lars M. Hansen
http://www.hansenonline.net

if they're wearing sting bikini's they certainly require more detailed
attention.

"Gabriel" <archangel@technologist.com> wrote in message
> "Marlo Brandon" <MarloBrandon@MarloBrandon.com> wrote in message
> > Yes!
> > It shouldnt notice the difference!
>
> The hell you say. If my bikini-clad office workers upgraded from B
> bikinis to G bikinis, I think someone would definitely notice. They
> might need more support than wireless models can offer, as well.

And I thought double-D was the largest size!

--
Bob
"bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message
> if they're wearing sting bikini's they certainly require more detailed
> attention.
>
> "Gabriel" <archangel@technologist.com> wrote in message
> > "Marlo Brandon" <MarloBrandon@MarloBrandon.com> wrote in message
> > > Yes!
> > > It shouldnt notice the difference!
> >
> > The hell you say. If my bikini-clad office workers upgraded from B
> > bikinis to G bikinis, I think someone would definitely notice. They
> > might need more support than wireless models can offer, as well.

---

"Bob Alston" <bobalston9 NOSPAM@aol.com> wrote in message
> And I thought double-D was the largest size!

I have a friend who is 5-D, or that's what she told me once. I have
absolutely no personal experience with wearing or ordering such things so I
could be wrong though.

AG

> --
> Bob
> "bumtracks" <user@unknown.org> wrote in message
> > if they're wearing sting bikini's they certainly require more detailed
> > attention.
> >
> > "Gabriel" <archangel@technologist.com> wrote in message
> > > "Marlo Brandon" <MarloBrandon@MarloBrandon.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > The hell you say. If my bikini-clad office workers upgraded from B
> > > bikinis to G bikinis, I think someone would definitely notice. They
> > > might need more support than wireless models can offer, as well.
> >

> ---

Taking a moment's reflection, AG mused:

| I have a friend who is 5-D, or that's what she told me once. I have
| absolutely no personal experience with wearing or ordering such things so
| I could be wrong though.

Stay outa those chat rooms, mate! ;-)

"mhicaoidh" <®êmõvé_mhic_aoidh@hotÑîXmailŠPäM.com> wrote in message
> Taking a moment's reflection, AG mused:
> |
> | I have a friend who is 5-D, or that's what she told me once. I have
> | absolutely no personal experience with wearing or ordering such things
so
> | I could be wrong though.
>
> Stay outa those chat rooms, mate! ;-)

Used to work with her. She's a buddy.
When a person has been married as long as I have you figure out what to
leave alone and what gives you head aches. In case anyone out there doesn't
know what causes head aches one of the big ones is messing around at work.
I've not done it but I've seen it pull companies down into bankruptcy.
AG

"Scott en Aztlan" <slothkills@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message
> On 2 Aug 2004 23:21:15 -0700, megatherium@cox.net (John) wrote:
>
> >Well...the bikini clad part isn't relevant...but did it get your
> >attention enough to read my question?

Actually, I nearly didn't read the original post because the "bikini"
subject looked off topic. After I read it, I decided not to offer my
assistance since I object to being played for a fool.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.