Setting up Guest Loggon in Windows XP

I just purchased a Dell Dimension 4600 computer that came
with Windows XP per installed. I use a dail up internet
connetion. I am trying to set up the Guest login so that
you can use it to check e-mail, and get on the internet
but it never connets. I checked in Internet Properties,
Connections, and there was nothing in the window under
Dail Up and Vitual Private Network Setting, there is when
using the administrator log on. I tried clicking on the
add button, but get a message code 5 error, sorry I don't
remember the rest of the message. Is this my problem or
is there something else I should be checking. Any help
you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks, Paula
3 answers Last reply
More about setting guest loggon windows

    "Paul" <pampap@att.net> wrote in message
    > I just purchased a Dell Dimension 4600 computer that came
    > with Windows XP per installed. I use a dail up internet
    > connetion. I am trying to set up the Guest login so that
    > you can use it to check e-mail, and get on the internet
    > but it never connets. I checked in Internet Properties,
    > Connections, and there was nothing in the window under
    > Dail Up and Vitual Private Network Setting, there is when
    > using the administrator log on. I tried clicking on the
    > add button, but get a message code 5 error, sorry I don't
    > remember the rest of the message. Is this my problem or
    > is there something else I should be checking. Any help
    > you can give me would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, Paula

    Why are you using the guest account in the first place? Set up a limited
    User and use that. the guest account is SO limited as to be almost useless.
    BTW, I don't think the guest account CAN be set up for internet access
    anyway.

    Hi Paul,

    Check out the below site:
    http://mvps.org/sramesh2k/GuestInternet.htm

    HTH
    Venkat

    "Paul" wrote:

    > I just purchased a Dell Dimension 4600 computer that came
    > with Windows XP per installed. I use a dail up internet
    > connetion. I am trying to set up the Guest login so that
    > you can use it to check e-mail, and get on the internet
    > but it never connets. I checked in Internet Properties,
    > Connections, and there was nothing in the window under
    > Dail Up and Vitual Private Network Setting, there is when
    > using the administrator log on. I tried clicking on the
    > add button, but get a message code 5 error, sorry I don't
    > remember the rest of the message. Is this my problem or
    > is there something else I should be checking. Any help
    > you can give me would be appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks, Paula

    "Venkatesh [MS India Community Star]"
    <VenkateshMSIndiaCommunityStar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > Check out the below site:
    > http://mvps.org/sramesh2k/GuestInternet.htm
    >
    > HTH
    > Venkat

    very good, but why bother? Why not just set up a Limited User (called
    "Visitor" or similar) and use that?

Windows XP Internet