Sign in with
Your question

What is Blizzard up to ???

Last response: in Video Games
May 13, 2007 8:24:57 PM
May 13, 2007 8:45:03 PM

Starcraft 2!
May 13, 2007 9:01:27 PM

I hope for Starcraft 2. Then again, I had hoped for Starcraft: Ghost. Too bad Blizzard rests so much on games of its past glory.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 13, 2007 9:09:58 PM

Quote:
Starcraft 2!

I hope they do..
blizzard along with idsoftware are of these companies that only do QUALITY with the famous " will be done when its done, and if it sucks we wont deliver it"
May 13, 2007 9:21:42 PM

I'm seeing warcraft I & II there....

oooooooo.....?????

Could be a D3... But starcraft needs a sequel!

What happened with the protoss/zerg hybrid, these are things I must know!

What is the true fate of the Xel'Naga????????

I MUST KNOW NOW! (or withing the next few weeks :p  )
May 13, 2007 9:33:21 PM

Quote:
Starcraft 2!

I hope they do..
blizzard along with idsoftware are of these companies that only do QUALITY with the famous " will be done when its done, and if it sucks we wont deliver it"So what happened to Doom3? :wink:
May 13, 2007 10:17:09 PM

Quote:
Starcraft 2!

Where...when....

/drool
May 13, 2007 10:19:57 PM

Quote:
Starcraft 2!

I hope they do..
blizzard along with idsoftware are of these companies that only do QUALITY with the famous " will be done when its done, and if it sucks we wont deliver it"So what happened to Doom3? :wink:

It was Doomed :tongue:
May 13, 2007 10:22:30 PM

Probably World of Warcraft 2. While i don´t like it, that´s where the money is.
May 13, 2007 10:32:48 PM

WoW 2? What's the point? They're making gajillions from WoW already, and it's not like Blizzard needs the added expense of maintenance for a new MMO hat won't attract that many new players anyway... besides, WoW still has plenty of life left in it. My opinion is that it will be Starcraft. I already detailed why I won't think there'll be a new MMO, and judging by the colour scheme of the timeline and the fact that they're announcing it in Korea, what can it be but Starcraft?
May 13, 2007 10:34:53 PM

Probably World of Warcraft 2. While i don´t like it, that´s where the money is.

So early after the expansion? Doubtful. I'd be more inclined to think it's either a Starcraft or a Diablo 2, probably Starcraft 2.
May 13, 2007 10:41:55 PM

On there website 1 year ago the announced that they signed a contract for a WOW movie it should be near done by now. Srry cant remember the link.

I cant wait for wow the movie ive watched the intro to wow so many times its awesome.
May 13, 2007 10:43:36 PM

I doubt it's Diablo 2, I've been playing that one since 2000 and it's still my favourite. :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  Please please let it be D3...
May 13, 2007 11:01:34 PM

With the announcement set for the 15th of May, in S. Korea, where there are tons of internet cafes and gaming places, I would think it was Starcraft 2, myself.

WoW 2? Doubt it. With the successful launch of Burning Crusade, there's no need to release a new version of WoW, just expansion packs (hell, BC sold 2.4 million in ONE day).

Diablo 3 would be a surprise. There is still a big D2 base, so it's not totally out of the question.

But I still think it'll be a new Starcraft game. Either SC2 or Starcraft: Something...
May 13, 2007 11:58:15 PM

Why the Warcraft images tho? Warcraft 4? 8O
May 14, 2007 12:53:10 AM

I'd be more inclined to lean towards some sort of Warcraft RTS release. I could be wrong but it seems Blizzard is leaning more toward their Warcraft lineup than Diablo. I'd hope for another RTS as I'm not a big fan of RPGs.
Either way, you know it's gonna be a good game comin out. Blizzard doesn't release crappy games as others have stated. I STILL play Frozen Throne
May 14, 2007 1:15:09 AM

Starcraft 2 is my guess. It'll be an instant cash cow provided they make the game well. There's millions of SC fans out there that want a sequel, myself included! :D 

As NMDante said, the fact that they're announcing it in South Korea is a big hint too.
May 14, 2007 1:32:26 AM

My money is on Starcraft 2. That game had a huge following. WoW is too sucessful to tamper with.
May 14, 2007 3:04:00 AM

Quote:
I'd be more inclined to lean towards some sort of Warcraft RTS release. I could be wrong but it seems Blizzard is leaning more toward their Warcraft lineup than Diablo. I'd hope for another RTS as I'm not a big fan of RPGs.
Either way, you know it's gonna be a good game comin out. Blizzard doesn't release crappy games as others have stated. I STILL play Frozen Throne

Well, another Warcraft RTS wouldn't be that far fetched, but S. Korea still holds huge Starcraft tourneys, which is why I feel it's more for Starcraft 2, than anything else.

Also, with the popularity of WoW, Blizzard doesn't need a Warcraft RTS. Now, an annoucement of SC2 and a new WoW addon, that would be huge.
May 14, 2007 3:54:24 AM

Well, their original release was Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Diablo, Starcraft.

Although, technically, Diablo was released by Blizzard North...which suggests it will be Starcraft something.
May 14, 2007 4:12:05 AM

Whatever it is, I hope they put some thought into it. I'm a bit weary of the absence of original thinking from the major developers lately.
May 14, 2007 4:30:37 AM

I'd be happy if they'd just remake StarCraft in a real 3d engine. The thought of another MMO makes me naseaous.
May 14, 2007 4:40:09 AM

WoS, World of Starcraft...
May 14, 2007 5:04:13 AM

Quote:

I'd definatly be a warrior class hydralisk, imagin the salshing... and the spining?
:wink: 8)
May 14, 2007 5:10:31 AM

Quote:
lol

I wouldn't mind Diablo3 or Starcraft2. Personally I'd like Warcraft 4 coz I can't play WOW. Don't have a good enough connection, part of living in $h!++y south africa. Way expensive internet.
May 14, 2007 5:11:28 AM

Though not perfect, you can download SC maps with SC units into Warcraft 3 TFT.
May 14, 2007 5:14:41 AM

For those of you who haven't caught an article on Blizzard and what they are doing...

SC2 isn't a rumor. BTW, I have 30K+ games on vanilla. :-) No winbot here.
May 14, 2007 5:17:11 AM

Starcraft: Ghost in 2010?
May 14, 2007 5:19:25 AM

I'd like Diablo 3, since this game is my all time favorite but I honestly believe it will be a Starcraft which deserve a sequel as well. The fact that they will do the announcement in South Korea says it all. This game was / still huge in this part of the world so that would make sens.
May 14, 2007 5:34:12 AM

What was wrong with DooM 3? Did they make it to good for you? lol...I lOVE that game!!!

Best,

3Ball
May 14, 2007 5:36:45 AM

Quote:
Though not perfect, you can download SC maps with SC units into Warcraft 3 TFT.

where is the download link?
thanks

i agree..... Diablo3 & Starcraft2 would be nice.....very nice ...
May 14, 2007 5:50:17 AM

The original Diablo was awesome, a really addictive game back in the day. Starcraft is the best game Blizzard ever did IMO, I still play it now. Diablo 2 was ok, but it didn't have the same replay value that the original Diablo did, IMO. I wound up preferring Baldur's Gate 2 to Diablo 2. Then Warcraft 3 was a nice RTS, just not as great as Starcraft IMO. I haven't tried WoW yet, I should get around to getting the free trial.

Starcraft 2 please Blizzard! :) 
May 14, 2007 6:07:29 AM

I agree. I would hate to see another effin WoW game. Rpgs, if you like em are great, but my favorite game is RTS. I play alot of DOTA on wc3 so i'm a huge fan of wc3, is theres a wc4 that would be fantastic! Either way, sc2, wc4, its all good, so long as it isnt an RPG.
May 14, 2007 10:44:38 AM

I love RTS games too, which is why I hope Starcraft 2 remains an RTS. However, I have a terrible feeling that Blizzard will make it into an MMO. Given the huge success of WOW, they might try to do the same with starcraft.
May 14, 2007 10:48:02 AM

It might just be me but I think that'll suck big time. Except for C&C3 I haven't played a good RTS in a while...
May 14, 2007 1:21:16 PM

Are you retarded? Do you know there are other forums here aside from the CPU one?

I'm getting sick of more and more people putting any old thread in the CPU section, just because a lot of people read it.

Try here instead.

Guess what - people who read the CPU forum also read other forums. If you don't get as high a response there, well you're just typing boring crap. Live with it.
May 14, 2007 3:42:36 PM

Quote:
The original Diablo was awesome, a really addictive game back in the day. Starcraft is the best game Blizzard ever did IMO, I still play it now. Diablo 2 was ok, but it didn't have the same replay value that the original Diablo did, IMO. I wound up preferring Baldur's Gate 2 to Diablo 2. Then Warcraft 3 was a nice RTS, just not as great as Starcraft IMO. I haven't tried WoW yet, I should get around to getting the free trial.

Starcraft 2 please Blizzard! :) 

StarCraft is pretty much the best RTS game ever.

It was one of the first games to have more than two (3) oppossing races, a good storyline, a fun campaign that helped you learn and was challenging, and it just looked uber-cool for it's day. It stayed ahead as far as graphics for numerous years. It didn't take a ton of system power to play either and continues to be played by many people. It's online multiplayer is dying after a DECADE, and many many people who are regulars are disappointed with that. It also has a SLEW of customized maps that people have designed and many styles of game play. You can vs computers together, you can play maps with tons of resources or very few, or you can play on maps with a thousand critters that you have to kill before you can build because they are in your way. There are UMS games that allow you to design specialized games with different objectives that have nothing to do with harvesting minerals. This is where people really got creative. Anyone remember Dig-Dug? You drop units out of a dropship which create a blast that can block other blasts from other players, switch places with other places or send out a fast-moving heat-guided torpedo of sorts. StarCraft is a balanced, customizable game that looks good, even today and it's about a DECADE old!

A gravitation to SC2 will make Blizzard TONS of money, SC has sold millions of copies worldwide. The best thing about the game period is how unique and different, yet still balanced the Protoss, Zerg, and Terran races are.
Anonymous
May 14, 2007 4:14:48 PM

its either sc2 or diablo 3. there have been some posts of rumors from blizzard employees of what diablo3 is going to look like with hell overrunning heaven.....but who knows.
May 14, 2007 7:23:55 PM

Are you retarded? Do you know there are other forums here aside from the CPU one?

I'm getting sick of more and more people putting any old thread in the CPU section, just because a lot of people read it.

Try here instead.

Guess what - people who read the CPU forum also read other forums. If you don't get as high a response there, well you're just typing boring crap. Live with it.

Good point. Why doesn't this get moved by a moderator?
May 14, 2007 7:45:53 PM

They are gonna surprise you all with......... A Diablo RTS!

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Ok, so I really can't even guess what they have planned, but so far they have had stellar games so I have faith.
May 14, 2007 7:59:53 PM

It had better be Starcraft 2. If it's another MMO, I'm going to be very disappointed.

They're going to announce a new game on May 19th, so they're "counting down" chronologically with the titles that they've released.
May 14, 2007 8:08:12 PM

Because no one has reported the topic to be moved. Jesus, people, you can complain about the topic in the wrong section, but do something about it.

*PM's a mod*
May 14, 2007 8:25:30 PM

bah its not total war so i'm not fussed
May 14, 2007 9:24:37 PM

Looks like this thread got dumped in our park. I just posted this to the C&C review thread where this question came up.

/paste

I think it'll be Starcraft 2 and here's why.

First of all, they're making the announcement in Korea to the pro-gamers. Starcraft is the biggest thing ever over there. It's unbelievable how popular it is. So I think Starcraft is their universe.

World of Warcraft is the most successful video game of all time with no signs of slowing down soon. If they announce World of Starcraft, WoW players will get that feeling that you get when you have one thing but the next thing is coming out. Why should I keep playing WoW when World of Starcraft is "around the corner"? I don't think Blizzard will introduce a product that will compete directly with their most successful product to date. It can only end two ways: either it's a hit and everyone moves from WoW to WoS in which case Blizzard does not (relatively) make money aside from the initial influx of people buying the box because the WoW monthlies suffer. Or it sucks and they lose the significant amount of money it will cost to develop and launch the game. I just don't think it makes good business sense to do World of Starcraft yet (although I want a sci-fi MMO).

If it is World of Starcraft, keep in mind that World of Warcraft was released some four of five years after it was announced so "around the corner" is not what we're talking about.

I think Starcraft 2 is the better business decision because it will cost less to develop, it will come out sooner, and they can reap the benefits of it much quicker. Businessmen love a fast ROI.
May 14, 2007 10:45:50 PM

Ahh but what if they announce World of Starcraft and then throw in a special deal where for $5 per month more you can be subscribed to BOTH!

All of a sudden they are making 33% more every month and have the exact same server load since you can only be in one at a time.

And everyone playing WoW would ALSO buy WOS because it is only another $5 a month, it would be crazy not to!

That said... I think it will be Starcraft 2, but some type of MMO Starcraft is not out of the question.

I've heard rumors (I don't like them) of a Starcraft MMORTS. I don't like the idea myself, but that would blend the two biggest rumors going right now. WOS and S2.
May 15, 2007 2:25:37 AM

Quote:
Because no one has reported the topic to be moved. Jesus, people, you can complain about the topic in the wrong section, but do something about it.

*PM's a mod*

Gimme a freakin break. I asked a simple question because I didn't know the answer. AND, I didn't even complain about the topic being in the wrong section.
May 15, 2007 12:59:03 PM

I will soil myself if they would announce a D3 and SC2....

J/k about the soiling myself, but blizzard will make me cry I wish I did.
May 15, 2007 4:51:24 PM

:lol:  I didn't see this either, so I'll move my reply here as well.

Quote:
Businessmen love a fast ROI.

They shouldn't work with Blizzard then. :p 

I'm leaning to StarCraft 2 as well, but this is Blizzard. An announcement just means we have something to talk about for the next five years. "Just around the corner" is the much anticipated push-back of the release date.

On that note, I don't see why WoS would be a bad thing. Do you think people would mind moving away from WoW in 2012?

Edit: Looking at blizzard.com, I'm surprised they've waited so long to make an announcement. It looks as though they're trying to emphasize the fact that they've released a new game every two years, roughly. But it has already been three since their last major release.

A few things bug me about this: 1) Are they trying to change their rep by making an announcement so late in the production cycle? It won't work. I'm still skeptical, and anyone who waited for StarCraft: Ghost should feel the same way. 2) Do they intend to release StarCraft 2 by the ten year anniversary of StarCraft? Having a release that far distant is way out of character. Still, they did it with WoW ten years after the original Warcraft.

I'd like to be optimistic, but Blizzard has taught me to hate the news and love the game. I'll wait patiently for 2008, but I won't hesitate to say "I told you so" should the need arise. :wink:
!