What is Blizzard up to ???

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I'm seeing warcraft I & II there....

oooooooo.....?????

Could be a D3... But starcraft needs a sequel!

What happened with the protoss/zerg hybrid, these are things I must know!

What is the true fate of the Xel'Naga????????

I MUST KNOW NOW! (or withing the next few weeks :p )

sailer

Splendid
Starcraft 2!

I hope they do..
blizzard along with idsoftware are of these companies that only do QUALITY with the famous " will be done when its done, and if it sucks we wont deliver it"So what happened to Doom3? :wink:

It was Doomed :tongue:

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
WoW 2? What's the point? They're making gajillions from WoW already, and it's not like Blizzard needs the added expense of maintenance for a new MMO hat won't attract that many new players anyway... besides, WoW still has plenty of life left in it. My opinion is that it will be Starcraft. I already detailed why I won't think there'll be a new MMO, and judging by the colour scheme of the timeline and the fact that they're announcing it in Korea, what can it be but Starcraft?

chaosgs

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
On there website 1 year ago the announced that they signed a contract for a WOW movie it should be near done by now. Srry cant remember the link.

I cant wait for wow the movie ive watched the intro to wow so many times its awesome.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
With the announcement set for the 15th of May, in S. Korea, where there are tons of internet cafes and gaming places, I would think it was Starcraft 2, myself.

WoW 2? Doubt it. With the successful launch of Burning Crusade, there's no need to release a new version of WoW, just expansion packs (hell, BC sold 2.4 million in ONE day).

Diablo 3 would be a surprise. There is still a big D2 base, so it's not totally out of the question.

But I still think it'll be a new Starcraft game. Either SC2 or Starcraft: Something...

tomwaddle

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
I'd be more inclined to lean towards some sort of Warcraft RTS release. I could be wrong but it seems Blizzard is leaning more toward their Warcraft lineup than Diablo. I'd hope for another RTS as I'm not a big fan of RPGs.
Either way, you know it's gonna be a good game comin out. Blizzard doesn't release crappy games as others have stated. I STILL play Frozen Throne

Mandrake_

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
Starcraft 2 is my guess. It'll be an instant cash cow provided they make the game well. There's millions of SC fans out there that want a sequel, myself included! :D

As NMDante said, the fact that they're announcing it in South Korea is a big hint too.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
I'd be more inclined to lean towards some sort of Warcraft RTS release. I could be wrong but it seems Blizzard is leaning more toward their Warcraft lineup than Diablo. I'd hope for another RTS as I'm not a big fan of RPGs.
Either way, you know it's gonna be a good game comin out. Blizzard doesn't release crappy games as others have stated. I STILL play Frozen Throne

Well, another Warcraft RTS wouldn't be that far fetched, but S. Korea still holds huge Starcraft tourneys, which is why I feel it's more for Starcraft 2, than anything else.

Also, with the popularity of WoW, Blizzard doesn't need a Warcraft RTS. Now, an annoucement of SC2 and a new WoW addon, that would be huge.

BGP_Spook

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Well, their original release was Warcraft, Warcraft 2, Diablo, Starcraft.

Although, technically, Diablo was released by Blizzard North...which suggests it will be Starcraft something.

MonocleCat

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Whatever it is, I hope they put some thought into it. I'm a bit weary of the absence of original thinking from the major developers lately.