Wireless Bridge

I am looking for some good tools to help me select a wireless bridge.
I was looking into a Cisco Aironet 1300. We have a building about 1/4
mile down the road that we are paying for a t1 between the buildings.
I want to get rid of this monthly near 1000 dollar cost. The
bandwidth needs are more than met with the T1, and is almost over
kill. Any links, information, and help would be greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless bridge

    "TheGreatFoo" <tolimow@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I am looking for some good tools to help me select a wireless bridge.
    > I was looking into a Cisco Aironet 1300. We have a building about 1/4
    > mile down the road that we are paying for a t1 between the buildings.
    > I want to get rid of this monthly near 1000 dollar cost. The
    > bandwidth needs are more than met with the T1, and is almost over
    > kill. Any links, information, and help would be greatly appreciated.

    Wireless bridges should do what you want. For a 1/4 mile you could increase
    your security by an almost unlimited amount by using fiber optic. It would
    be more expensive and you'd have to get permission to run the cable and
    someone to run it but you would have no security concerns at all where you
    would have them with wireless. Once you set up the fiber it would be pretty
    much a permanent installation with no overhead expenses.
    Just a thought.
    AG

Wireless Internet Wireless Networking