Lost Planet DX10 PC Demo is out

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.php/2007/05/10/pc_gamers_to_get_a_taste_of_lost_planet_

The game will feature true support for multicore processors. I guess now its a question of hours, minutes to get the demo online. And that game look like sweet. Quad Core and 8800Gtx owner will be served. The Demo will be Dx9 and Dx10 available.

Edit: Specification requirement:

Specifications – please note that these are not finalised and may be subject to change before release as we work to optimise the code

Minimum system requirements:
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 HT
RAM: 512Mb (XP) / 1GB (Vista)
Hard Drive: 8 GB
Disc Drive: DVD9 compatible
Video: VRAM 256Mb. Direct X9.0c/Shader3.0
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or greater
Sound: DirectSound compatible, Direct X9.0c
Peripherals: Mouse, Keyboard

Recommended system specifications:
Windows Vista
Intel Core 2 Duo
RAM: 2 GB (Vista) / 1 GB (XP)
Video: VRAM 512MB. Geforce 8800+

Eurasianman

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
It seems odd that specific brands of processors and video cards are recommended. Why not just say "multicore processor" and "DX10 video card"?

Marketing skam from Intel/nVidia?

Btw, your signature... AMD X2 4400+ (938 pin)

Don't you mean 939 pin? :tongue:

piratepast40

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Might be that's their test configuration and they're afraid to recommend anything else.

The 938 pin thing: well, uhmm, ... I did some advanced pin mods for performance.

Actually, some pins got bent due to operator error and one snapped off while straightening. It happened to be a ground so I gave it a shot and it still works.

flipstar

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
Might be that's their test configuration and they're afraid to recommend anything else.

The 938 pin thing: well, uhmm, ... I did some advanced pin mods for performance.

Actually, some pins got bent due to operator error and one snapped off while straightening. It happened to be a ground so I gave it a shot and it still works.

LOL you are onelucky mother...

karwosts

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
So the 15th seems to have come and gone....I guess it is not being released today? I don't see this anywhere.

ssidbroadcast

Distinguished
May 16, 2007
So the 15th seems to have come and gone....I guess it is not being released today? I don't see this anywhere.

It's all over Gamespot. They got the exclusive I guess. Lemme know how it is, too. I gotta junk my old HDD and reinstall win xp on my new HDD because my old HDD randomly forgets files or corrupts them (and I foolishly installed windows on THAT one)

www.gamespot.com

karwosts

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2007
O.k. thanks, I did not see it there. Had to sign up for a stupid account and its only downloading at 30kb/sec, but at least it's on its way.