windows xp keeps rebooting

July 25, 2004 4:25:07 PM

Please help.
I download the micosoft windows updates and when I
rebooted as requested it will NOT load. It keeps
rebooting and rebooting. What should I do?

More about : windows rebooting

Anonymous
July 25, 2004 5:41:33 PM

Don;
Reboot tapping F8 each second.
Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.

If that fails, reboot tapping F8, this time choose Safe Mode.
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System tools/System Restore
Choose Date/Time before issue started.

Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help.
> I download the micosoft windows updates and when I
> rebooted as requested it will NOT load. It keeps
> rebooting and rebooting. What should I do?
Anonymous
July 25, 2004 6:35:30 PM

Don wrote:
> Please help.
> I download the micosoft windows updates and when I
> rebooted as requested it will NOT load. It keeps
> rebooting and rebooting. What should I do?

Even if you go into Safe Mode?

--
<- Shenan ->
July 25, 2004 7:35:01 PM

Hi,

Hit F8 at startup (just before Windows begins to load, but after the initial
POST), try Safe mode. If you can get there, go to the Control Panel/Add &
Remove and uninstall the updates.

If not, try Safe mode with command prompt. From there, you can manually do a
system restore by running this from the prompt:

C:\Windows\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

This will start the System Restore gui where you can go back a day.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone