windows xp keeps rebooting

Please help.
I download the micosoft windows updates and when I
rebooted as requested it will NOT load. It keeps
rebooting and rebooting. What should I do?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows rebooting

    Don;
    Reboot tapping F8 each second.
    Select "Last known good configuration" at the menu.

    If that fails, reboot tapping F8, this time choose Safe Mode.
    Start/All Programs/Accessories/System tools/System Restore
    Choose Date/Time before issue started.

    Otherwise perform a Repair Installation:
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/repaxp.htm

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]

    Don wrote:
    > Please help.
    > I download the micosoft windows updates and when I
    > rebooted as requested it will NOT load. It keeps
    > rebooting and rebooting. What should I do?

    Even if you go into Safe Mode?

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Hi,

    Hit F8 at startup (just before Windows begins to load, but after the initial
    POST), try Safe mode. If you can get there, go to the Control Panel/Add &
    Remove and uninstall the updates.

    If not, try Safe mode with command prompt. From there, you can manually do a
    system restore by running this from the prompt:

    C:\Windows\System32\restore\rstrui.exe

    This will start the System Restore gui where you can go back a day.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Don" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Please help.
    > I download the micosoft windows updates and when I
    > rebooted as requested it will NOT load. It keeps
    > rebooting and rebooting. What should I do?

Download Microsoft Windows XP