Sign in with
Your question

Does Steam stop cheating or curtail it with CS: Source?

Last response: in Video Games
May 16, 2007 1:50:22 AM

I used to play counterstrike but stopped because of the rampant wall hacking and aimbots. Now, I see that CS:Source is out. What is CS:Source and does steam stop the cheating that used to be out of control?

thanks
May 16, 2007 11:54:26 AM

lol.

no.

But it's obvious when you do see one atleast.
May 16, 2007 12:16:59 PM

thanks guys for the replies.

is there any FPS that is hack/cheater free? are the new ones coming out like GRAW and Crisis going to be cheater free? at least they might be for the first 6months.

what do you think?
Related resources
May 16, 2007 9:01:42 PM

what about games with monthly fees like tabula rasa?!!!!!
May 16, 2007 11:59:03 PM

It's unrealeased.. so can't comment on that, but MMO's is a different story than shooters..... i'm waiting for the guild wars expansion, and GW2.
May 17, 2007 12:22:34 PM

why cant they make a hack proof game? or a game that is so hard to hack that it would be a waste of time trying. require a usb flash drive in your pc to play the game... do something.. cheating sucks.. death to cheaters.
May 17, 2007 2:35:37 PM

"Anything you can do I can do better" the sound coming from a guys room who is making cheats.
June 5, 2007 5:57:37 PM

The challenge of stopping cheating is just that, a challenge. It goes back and forth, VAC gets ahead, then someone makes up somethin that gets past VAC, then VAC fixes the issue, and so on.

It has to be expected in games that are as popular as counter strike source, the updates are made easier tho now with Steam streamlining the update process.
June 5, 2007 6:01:19 PM

The challenge of stopping cheating is just that, a challenge. It goes back and forth, VAC gets ahead, then someone makes up somethin that gets past VAC, then VAC fixes the issue, and so on.

It has to be expected in games that are as popular as counter strike source, the updates are made easier tho now with Steam streamlining the update process.

You also have to be weary of "hacker fear mongering" these are the types that think everyone who kills them is hacking, they may lead one to believe that the game is full of hackers when in reality the game is full of good players.
!